ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The GT 1000 miles in

Moonlight Blue 225
After 4 months of ownership it now looks like this

IMG_2006.jpg

IMG_2008.jpg

IMG_2010.jpg

IMG_2011.jpg

IMG_2012.jpg

IMG_2015.jpg

Just finished cleaning the inside ready for the big norfbest meet this weekend, and hopefully i'll be washing it on saturday is the rain holds off.

IMG_2013.jpg

IMG_2016.jpg

John

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
I think a GW GT lowered with 17/18 inch wheels would look good.

Not a 320d
boooooo, why the 1.6?!?!

Why the diazzle? 1.6 does 42mpg at 70mph and ill get 370 miles to a tank, when i try.

All that torque? Wow. And a 0-60 time of my old 1.2 16v iirc.

1.6 because its fun to rev the tits off it. The engine will wake up at 5000 miles if you start caining it, changes a lot, and itll keep getting better. My b*****d is on 12,000 at the moment, had it almost a year.

There are 45mm springs, see mat-nos' car. And there are H&R coilovers, see mine. I think Spax do some springs now too, wouldnt be surprised if there are Spax coils available now.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
42mpg lol, my 172 does more than that at 70!! i just dont see what the point in the 1.6 is when you have the 200, only reason i choose the GT is because i needed a diesel.

i quite fancy springs but dont want to ruin the handling, im extremely impressed by it so far.

Moonlight Blue 225
42mpg lol, my 172 does more than that at 70!! i just dont see what the point in the 1.6 is when you have the 200, only reason i choose the GT is because i needed a diesel.

i quite fancy springs but dont want to ruin the handling, im extremely impressed by it so far.

had a look at the 200, then looked at the insurance and i just wouldnt be able to afford the car and the insurance :(

Not a 320d
is there really a big difference?

Yeah. My GT would cost me £600 @ 21, 3NCD and 6pts this year. Because of my coilovers it costs me £800 this year. Last year it was £700 but ive got an extra years NCD and they put the price up. Next quote up was £1000.

An R27 would cost me about £1300, FN2 CTR £1500, and tbh im not willing to pay prices like that.

Also, £11,500 for a stock GT with £500 malta paintwork was what i paid, brand new, 59 plate.

200 Cup retails at £15,500, thats an extra £4,000, which i didnt have, and what do i get? f**king poverty spec bog standard car with a 200bhp engine, good chassis and suspension, with no luxuries what so ever. Great. Or a supposedly s**t slow GT with a few toys as standard which will be a bit of a laugh, not too much to insure, cheaper to run and still fun to belt around twisty country roads, especially with coilovers. I also despise the looks of the 200. I know my GT isnt stunning but f**k me the 200 is butt ugly.

It was my desicion. I know people cant seem to understand why i bought a brand new 1.6 GT over a second hand 182 or even a 197 too, but I have my reasons.

Oh and 42mpg is as low as it gets. It builds up to about 50mpg. Im sure the 2L's will do that too.

Same.