ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The holy grail.......

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..

Still on the hunt for the way forward and continuing the TB debate; jus looked at turbotechnics.com they have on there two egs of a supercharger kit for lotus elise and rover mgf, mgf is bout 5k taking the vvc upto 5.5 0-60, elise is 7-10k but it says cars with aircon cant have a supercharger? {it says they do other cars}. Also read revs; nik saran racing have put a supercharger on a mk3 golf v6 for about 3k...so where is the clio works? some guy posted on here bout a month ago about having one for sale but he never answered my questions{dejan or something}. I know the other day it was posted that it takes time n money to develop stuff for the 172 but cmon im gettn bored surfing the web n phoning round its like the quest for the holy grail! Somebodys turbod a 1litre yaris in revs too! I love my car so i guess its patience grasshoppa...

just think of the diff market each project has.

Elise and mgf are both K series engines as are caterhams, new MGs, BRMs, and they are used in all manner of track and fast cars. Which means the actual market is far larger due to the fact that there are more people who will buy it simply because they have more cash (an elise and caterham aint a daily use car!) and will stump up that sort of cash.

The VR6 engine has been turboed and charged and twin turboed etc to death, the market for that is still large.

Then we come to the humble renault, enthusiasts are abundant, loads of them. The elise was originally going to use the F7P engine but Renault decided to offer lotus it to them at a way OTT price, coupled with it being heavy and tall....well, lotus found a more friendly manufacturer. If they had used it, we wouldnt have this problem right now.

The F4R engine, only fast version is the 172, the rest are varients for family cars!

Now, if somebody came out tomorrow with a supercahrger or turbo conversion for 7 grand (50% of your cars price) im pretty sure there will only be about 1, maybe 2 on here that will go for it. Most just wont have the cash/balls to blow it on forced induction when that extra 7K could get them a faster car.

Im sure many companies would love to do it, and possibly are secretly, but to pay back development costs...wow......its just such a huge task!

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

Well has nothing ever been done on the 2.0 Laguna or Megane?

Surely any turbo work on those cars could pretty easily be adapted to the 172 version?

Van Aaaken put small T25 Garrett turbos on many of the small engined Fords, and even have a conversion for the Renault Twingo! They are very low boost, so only gains of around +30bhp but this does mean youll have reliablity and wont have to upgrade everything. How about giving them a call?

01344 777 553

-Rob