ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Impreza picture and discussion thread

Impreza RB5 #054
Anybody would, look at the f**king thing
a11628a225a652168694f70f5355ebbf_zpsvkop2i66.jpg

Forester STi SG9
Basically an impreza underneath it all. Really hard to find technical information about them though which is a bit annoying. Long shot, but anyone know what diff and gearbox oil I need? :)

Attachments

• DSC_0076.jpg~original.jpg
    DSC_0076.jpg~original.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 131
  Impreza RB5 #054
Basically an impreza underneath it all. Really hard to find technical information about them though which is a bit annoying. Long shot, but anyone know what diff and gearbox oil I need? :smile:

I will have a search for you, has your car got DCCD?

Forester STi SG9
I will have a search for you, has your car got DCCD?

Nice one mate, but trust me I've searched hard! :) It doesn't have dccd, it is a constant symetrical AWD system. It's a 2004 2.5 sti, 280 bhp and has the 6 speed gearbox, and from what I've read it does have lsd's front and back. I think they have the suretrak lsd in the rear too but not sure. Not sure if the lsd's are sealed units, in which case I think regular synchro gear oil would be ok? Unfortunately, very very little info on them. May give Torque GT a call as they import a lot of them (including my one) so hopefully they could tell me.

Keep me posted if you find any info though. Cheers!

Impreza RB5 #054
Nice one mate, but trust me I've searched hard! :smile: It doesn't have dccd, it is a constant symetrical AWD system. It's a 2004 2.5 sti, 280 bhp and has the 6 speed gearbox, and from what I've read it does have lsd's front and back. I think they have the suretrak lsd in the rear too but not sure. Not sure if the lsd's are sealed units, in which case I think regular synchro gear oil would be ok? Unfortunately, very very little info on them. May give Torque GT a call as they import a lot of them (including my one) so hopefully they could tell me.

Keep me posted if you find any info though. Cheers!

I take it you've read this thread?
http://www.subaruforester.org/vbull...110065/#/forumsite/20556/topics/110065?page=1

Forester STi SG9
  Impreza RB5 #054
lol, no I didn't see that thread! That seems to clear it up re the diff then. I knew what grade oil I needed but wasn't sure what type. It appears the rear diff is mechanical, not plate, so I know now which of the Millers CRX to go for then ie the cheaper CRX 75W-90 NT not the more expensive LS stuff!

Cheers mate!
No problem, I just assumed the forester was running the 2.5 engine and gearbox, now I know.

Yep, that's the one. The flames were nowhere near that big on the day I saw it, but still bloody loud.

whats the deal with the prodrive stuff on certain imprezas? Did it come as standard, optional extra or is it aftermarket?

Also how do you tell if a car is full prodrive, what does it include? Any benefit over standard, more bhp? Sorry for the noob question.

Infact google has given me the answers I need. PPP- Exhaust, inter cooler pipe & remap.

Would a prodrive car have anymore value over a standard WRX on the 2nd market?

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Infact google has given me the answers I need. PPP- Exhaust, inter cooler pipe & remap.

Would a prodrive car have anymore value over a standard WRX on the 2nd market?
Yes mate, I'd say so.

Welcome to subaru ownership. [emoji41]

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I really want to bring my Impreza down to my new house. The garage is 2.1m wide though :( Don't think it will fit in. And if it does I won't be able to get out! Lol

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Ask for a photoshop. There's a user who does it well but I can't remember his name, don't think he posts much