ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The "Ive taken a pic and I kinda like it" thread

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Cheers, Aaron, that's what i've found today. Below f/8 is very meh.

I'm enjoying it alot though, 700 pictures taken today!!:eek:

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Nowhere near the level of skill displayed in here already, but this shot I took of a 722 is probably the only one I like from last weekend in London.

12394116795_336dafecce_z.jpg

SLR 722. by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

I've seen that you know Alex Penfold, his work is stunning. I don't know how he manages to find so many exotics lol.

Cheers Tom. I'm a skipper, we take engineers out to offshore wind farms (the ones off Rhyl if you remember them from your trips up this way)
Very cool!!

I've seen that you know Alex Penfold, his work is stunning. I don't know how he manages to find so many exotics lol.
I think that's better than an AP shot, personally. I used to really rate his work, but the more I get into photography, the more I realise that a lot of his stuff is just candid-snaps of cars from around London. Don't get me wrong, he knows his way around a camera and his shots are pin sharp - it's just, a lot of his stuff isn't that special anymore. It's mostly the subject - not the picture itself, if that makes sense. But, with that said, his more composed shots are fantastic.

I guess I'm just saying that, it's hard to make an F40 parked outside of an expensive jewellery shop look bad when you know how to work your 3k camera setup.

GF Williams on the other hand!.........

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Very cool!!

I think that's better than an AP shot, personally. I used to really rate his work, but the more I get into photography, the more I realise that a lot of his stuff is just candid-snaps of cars from around London. Don't get me wrong, he knows his way around a camera and his shots are pin sharp - it's just, a lot of his stuff isn't that special anymore. It's mostly the subject - not the picture itself, if that makes sense. But, with that said, his more composed shots are fantastic.

I guess I'm just saying that, it's hard to make an F40 parked outside of an expensive jewellery shop look bad when you know how to work your 3k camera setup.

They’re different photographers though really, Alex’s work is more candid as you say, where as Williams is doing more photoshoot based stuff. I can appreciate both in equal measure really. I’d say that Dean Smith from EVO is my favourite automotive photographer overall, his work is amazing.

And it musn’t be difficult for GF Williams to make things look good with that £10k Hasselblad he has been using for a while, or his D800 haha ;)

Merc A class
Thanks Brazo

AP has the right contacts from what i can gather his parents are very wealthy and he is in there with Tim burton (Sheme150) So he gets to go to all the gigs with him and has obviously made contacts on the way

I like his work, Its nice to see the supercars used properly.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Very cool!!

Lets be honest here, London is full of supercars and the backdrop is 99% the same every time. You cant really make a picture look any different, other than lighting conditions (which are usually f**king terrible in London when I'm there haha). If you look at his proffessional stuff (commissioned work where he has the space and freedom to put a car where we wants and shoot it how he wants), its fantastic. And having said that, I think his general spotting work is top notch as well.

Usually pop into London with him, Luke Gilbertson and Tom Mein. All make my photos look like instagram snaps.

Great photo, Scott.
I'm usually up early, but only managed to get out of bed at 9.30 this morning!
I've done none of your list, except the cuppa. :)

Fiesta ST-3
It's surprising what a great hobby photography really is. It gets me out of bed at all hours to see some beautiful things I'd otherwise only see on a computer screen.

Got to agree.
I've been busy with work and been a bit lazy photography wise recently.
Need to get the camera out now the days are getting longer.

Have to agree with that, it's a shame I've lost that 'buzz' though. Rarely have any motivation anymore.

I'm actually flying to Taipei in a few hours, I'm taking my camera, but I wouldn't be surprised if I don't use it :(

I've totally lost the buzz.
In fact, I'm often out cycling in very photogenic locations but never bother taking the camera!
Taipei will be great, have a friend from there and have always wanted to visit.
Take photos to show us all how nice it is. :)