ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The "Ive taken a pic and I kinda like it" thread

Polo BlueGT
51986e59-eed9-01da.jpg

Don't know why I like this but I do!

197 ff albi
I found a pic which with a crop and a little play in photoshop (very little abilities) had potential, what you guys think? its only taken with a point and shoot lumix through a bus window
5592049992_bda00eefdc_b.jpg

Mk2 ph1 clio
Thanks for the comments! I wasn't too sure about this photo but when the family seen it their reactions made my mind up about it.

The shot was actually taken on my old 20D because I don't have a wide angle Lens that will fit my 1Dmkii with it being EF mount only.

So setup was the 20D iso 100 f11 at 18mm with a 6 second exposure.

I had an nd4 grad filter on the top for the skyline and flipped and nd2 grad round for the water an stacked them. Worked a treat.

Next time I'm out I'll take some setup photos if anyone interested. Always fancied doing a blog!

Last edited:
  Mk2 ph1 clio
And cheers for the comment about the Jay! They get really nervous around people unlike the magpies and can't be bribed easily! This guy just flew in, grabbed a drink and flew out.. Ten seconds at most! So I was really pleased! Forgot how fast the old workhorse could focus!

Fiesta ST-3
Thanks for the comments! I wasn't too sure about this photo but when the family seen it their reactions made my mind up about it.

The shot was actually taken on my old 20D because I don't have a wide angle Lens that will fit my 1Dmkii with it being EF mount only.

So setup was the 20D iso 100 f11 at 18mm with a 6 second exposure.

I had an nd4 grad filter on the top for the skyline and flipped and nd2 grad round for the water an stacked them. Worked a treat.

Next time I'm out I'll take some setup photos if anyone interested. Always fancied doing a blog!

I for one would love to see a blog. On another note, what sort of time was the picture taken?

Mk2 ph1 clio
Thanks. Il see what I can put together I have a web address and have used a basic blogging site before but it wasn't what I needed.. Anyone got Any recommendations

I started taking the photos about 20 minutes before sunset so this was probably between 19:44 til 20:00 I'll check the raw file when I get back on my machine.

Wordpress is great if you have SQL capabilites on your host.

Defo do a blog, I find them fun to do, and hey....someone might find mine interesting to read lol!

I know lol, she shouted at me!

Haven't done an update for while as I haven't done much photography wise :( Norway tomorrow, so maybe some nice pics.

Mk2 ph1 clio
I bought the domain name from 123hot.com or something... Lol it was about 2 years ago and used blogspot? Just forwarded the address.

Il look into this word press idea though.

Mk2 ph1 clio
Went out again this morning for a sunrise at St Marys Island but missed the full colours of the rise due to the met office! I use the Met office app on my phone and it said sunrise today was 6:20 so I got up at 6am to head along (its a 10 minute drive) and as soon as i stepped outside it was almost gone!

This photo was the first one taken and it was also the best one IMO

5604919407_31e0000df4_b.jpg

St-Marys-Calm-Waters by GeordieClio, on Flickr

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
5606938499_6255d83063_z.jpg

Lets take this picture for example.

Now clearly the focus is on the daisies. Now bare with me. If I got to take a shot straight on the little green focus part comes up, do you guys move that without moving the camera?

Or is the camera picking up the object closest?

Noob/

Cupra
Depending on what I am shooting, I'll either focus with the centre point and recompose, or shift the focus point on the camera and take the shot as it is. My camera is not so good with the off centre focus points, which means that most of the time it a recompose effort.

If your camera has an "intelligent" focus system which shifts the focus point around for you automatically, then I think it is pot luck as to what it chooses to lock onto! Whenever I have to use my Mrs camera, I switch the AF mode to centre point as it's nice to have a bit of input as to what you are taking a shot of.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Thanks Andy, i'll more of a play about DOF style see what i come up with.