ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The JDM Appreciation Thread...

IIRC they're not the oldschool cast pig iron construction that old American V8's used to be and are fairly light. That said I'd either turbo the standard lump or fit a rotary out of an RX7 rather than put that thing in it.

Facelift R53 Cooper S
DSC_0236.jpg

DSC_0457.jpg

DSC_0505.jpg

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Are most of these cars about looks>performance? The Zed on the prev page looks unusable!

It is rather low to be fair, but it looks awesome. Balling.

Would happily scrape around in that, and when the roads flat enough let the 300 horsies out!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
IIRC they're not the oldschool cast pig iron construction that old American V8's used to be and are fairly light. That said I'd either turbo the standard lump or fit a rotary out of an RX7 rather than put that thing in it.

the ls series is only a few kg's heavier than a rotary :( i want a mx5 with a 12a engine (early rotary) on Pport with throttle boddies.... no turbo... just a s**t load of noise!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Are most of these cars about looks>performance? The Zed on the prev page looks unusable!

You'd be surprised. A lot of top-level drift cars have setups that look un-drivable!

Some are just driveway/show queens though. I'd imagine that 350 is pretty useless as a daily.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Yeah, the LS lumps are pretty light. But they still have one camshaft short of a set.

But, if it works, why change it?

Swift Sport
Someone posted a link to a Honda meet in L.A that was real cool with good editing. I've been trying to find it, anyone know which one I mean?

Swift Sport
Honda meet in LA, you might want to narrow it down a bit, Cali is pretty much the epicenter of the Honda scene in the US.

As far as I remember there's only been one link to what I'd call a 'cool' meet video in the states, this particular one had rap music and cool editing. I just can't find the link :dapprove:

Btw my friend has just had his EG Civic B18 converted, will gets pics asap :)

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Hopefully not a repost! Something about these that i really do like... Found on Pistonheads as its currently up for sale!

1817506-1.jpg

037.gif

027.gif

Thats My Mates car, Top Photo was taken a few weekend back on a run in Wales.

It really is as clean as it looks.

There was an EK9 parked near mine, dumped, modded, stickered up and looking like it had seen some action. By the time I got the DSLR out it had fooked off, lol.

Actually i may be wrong, my mates is slightly different. However the other one i was talking about was just as square as that.

34476_421709616992_534246992_5000990_2732630_n.jpg