ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The new car.. Stanced thing again

A grey one
Starting a project thread even though I haven't really got anywhere yet.. But it'll go somewhere before Christmas if that counts.

i broke my first car, Milo, it was a 1.2 and it smashed into the floor alot and fell apart basically.. So I sold it.
I decided it was a good idea.. And bought a 182 which was horrendous on insurance, so I sold it..
I then found this.. And bought it, cause it had a cup spoiler and saved me a slight job and it was pretty local.

So this is Piérre, my second 1.2 and my third clio. It's a phase 3 so the newest out of them all and it had awesome service history and 65k on the clocks.
it came like this..
6ddf5ebd906db61fff81e74d39d941d1.gif

So within an hour, small bits but.. Bits started.
Got my renaultsport mats in there, small ariel and wind deflectors..
1f7fc8f7dc0947f4dc22476b9eaa8d3a.gif

Ive had it a week.. The exhaust gives me a headache.. Soon it shall be going! Shiny though..
00121fc4df3d45a7d51e6302d9dac0ff.gif

Today.. I decided to clay bar the whole car, get all the crap off that it was caked in, polish it, wax it, take the wheels off whilst I got rid of the horrendous yellow drums and sprayed them black, made the wheels look brand new and shiny and sealed them ready for the run up to winter.
Brakes look better if I must say so myself.
So here's a few photos.
5925c83c1c61231c9bb2935fda962e20.gif

0992b6c9f9da42d05b08b71ed252831f.gif

1509c6e1162d7ec6d7304fbd12c68355.gif

22b99e7f3adea68379107b6c1d55d3c8.gif

7c4bdbcd7f5dc1e53f1e9d9872daf5e3.gif

The plans are.. Minimal at the minute.
so it's going down the stanced route again as I realised I am too young to have a racekor.

-Smoothed sport front end (I think.. I kinda like the ph3 bumper)
-Some fancy shiny wheels which I haven't found the right set yet.. (16" because I learnt my lesson from 15" wheels)
-My last one had sport interior so I want to go all out in this one and get some Corbeau RRS seats or similar.
-Colour code the side strips and smooth the bullets.
-Convert the rear drums to discs.
-Remove exhaust and replace with standard one.
-New rear bumper

ps. This is my old car, it's sorta gonna look like this. SORTA.
6ae58a88b850222e3cba1df568798d93.gif

7cf3894a93e52e71ef881c78a8358046.gif

Ph2 172
Milo was awesome. It's a shame you couldn't get reasonable insurance on the 182, your plans for Pierre sound good so I'll be interested to see how it turns out.

Clio 172 rep
Loved milo hope this one turns out just as good :D ive got a slammed 172 rep

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    533.7 KB · Views: 362

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Looks nice!

Not sure on the logic of spending £800 on seats for a 1.2 when 182 insurance is too expensive though :/

clio extreme
Looks really smart mate, good plans too!

What side skirts are on Pierre, as they are not sport skirts are they...?

A grey one
What problems did you have with 15's?
Too much archgap, bumper was sat on the floor, and I smashed up my gearbox because of it.

Looks nice!
Not sure on the logic of spending £800 on seats for a 1.2 when 182 insurance is too expensive though :/
Because I know someone with a set that won't cost me £800, plus my insurance was £2500.. Which makes £800 look like pennies, that's why :)

Looks really smart mate, good plans too!
What side skirts are on Pierre, as they are not sport skirts are they...?
I believe they're standard issue ones, not overly sure.

What tint did you use for the fogs?
Just some vinyl off fleabay!

Renault Clio 172
love the colour of your new car and like your old car as well have a cleannnn monaco myself and love the colour!

Renault Clio DCI 100
Looks fantastic, i'm guessing those are the clio sport replica skirts! Old car looked awesome aswell look forward to see where you go with this one

Renault Clio DCI 100
So when we seeing the first update with the car? What wheels you think same as your old ones but 16's?

clio 1.4 16V
@lauren . it is a track conversion kit made by bonrath been looking for it for a year and finaly found one second hand since bonrath shut down

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
PMSL, blushing like a motherfucker, either that or he'd been at hi mum's make-up to try and make himself look pretty.

Interested to see what you do with this one, I can't believe the insurance was different enough on a 172 to make you want to change, they're normally pretty reasonable. What was the difference if you don't mind me asking?