ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The new TV thread

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Just popped onto LG website and noticed there’s 2 versions C34 and C36, am I right ones a newer version like last year and this year or something like that?

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Just popped onto LG website and noticed there’s 2 versions C34 and C36, am I right ones a newer version like last year and this year or something like that?

“As per usual there are different versions:

OLED65C34LA and OLED65C36LC. The difference is that the latter's stand can swivel (on a pad hidden beneath the stand), and it's WiSA compatible up to 2.1-channels.”

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Lot of good TVs at that price point!
Ended up getting a 55" Samsung S92C in the end, with a Samsung C430 basic soundbar chucked in for peanuts.

Overall, I'm very happy with the picture quality and sound - the latter adding way more to the viewing experience whilst at the same time, not being making us utter cnuts with our neighbours. As it's got an HDMI eARC port - I might look into a better spec Sonos soundbar in the near future - but that could be overkill.

A shame the same can't be said about Samsung themselves. They are like a hyperactive kid on a sugar bender - literally trying to do everything all at once, without actually focusing on one area to excel at. Some of the features the TV has are simply, just weird. If more than 10 people globally use them, I'd be amazed.

Creating the Samsung account as a virtual necessity pissed me off from the get go. More so that you had to manually double-check that Samsung wasn't '...sharing your viewing data with 267 approved vendors' and the like. Also, not forgetting the 4GB of memory onboard, of which 2.97GB is already allocated to hard-coded apps that cannot be uninstalled. s**t like Kids TV apps (when we don't have any) - FIFA app, etc. Why? It's our TV - why reduce our available memory by three-quarters?

A great TV - just let down by the business practices of its manufacturer.

Anakin

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi TT RS Clio 182
LG55CX Best TV I have ever owned, does 4k @ 120hz for the Xbox X seriers

997.1, Caddy, e208
We have an LG OLED55E7N (the B7V with a built in Soundbar) - but we're running a Q990C for audio.

Fancy an upgrade, not sure if 77" @ £2.5k is the better deal.
Wish I knew someone at JL for the 12% discount and I'd be in it like a tramp on chips.

997.1, Caddy, e208
Screenshot_20231229_162734_Chrome.jpg

Seems to be better than the C3 according to what I've read. Supports Q-Symphony, so will work with my q990c

Will be like a f**king cinema in the living room, can't wait to watch frozen on it

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
View attachment 1674041

Seems to be better than the C3 according to what I've read. Supports Q-Symphony, so will work with my q990c

Will be like a f**king cinema in the living room, can't wait to watch frozen on it
Got a 75" in my living room and, I can confirm, it is like a cinema 🤣. Waiting for an opportune moment to buy the smaller rear speakers to go with the sound bar and sub too for full surround sound.

Most of the comments I get about the TV are 'WTF'. But, honestly, I absolutely love it. The wall can accomodate it so I just thought 'Why not'. Youll love it

997.1, Caddy, e208
Had a 60" LG Plasma in the old place, wife mentioned something in Poland about a bigger TV, so I mentioned this, she was procrastinating so I just did a bruy and told her she needs to find a new unit to go under the teevee.
We currently have a floating one, but this will likely impede that, as it's 22.6cm taller.

She tried to complain about me buying it, but it's brunged now so f**k it.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
We went from a 42 to a 65 when we moved, big jump but new living room was also a fair bit bigger so now as much impact.

A 77 probably would be better for the wow factor with films, but the 65 looks less in your face and is fine for TV.

997.1, Caddy, e208
If its too big I'll send it back and get the 65", but if I got the 65" I'd never send it back to try the 77".

I do believe it'll be too big for the room, but there's only one way to find out, right?

I'm in the market for a new TV but not wanting to spend a huge amount (<£750) and only want a 48/50", but know very little and there are thousands of TV's out there.
I'm not after the best, I only use it to watch TV but don't want to buy something s**t. Any recommendations for something half decent at a reasonable price?

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
I'm in the market for a new TV but not wanting to spend a huge amount (<£750) and only want a 48/50", but know very little and there are thousands of TV's out there.
I'm not after the best, I only use it to watch TV but don't want to buy something s**t. Any recommendations for something half decent at a reasonable price?

This!

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
What's the best 65" you can get for £1k or less? Mine has developed an issue with white vertical lines down the screen. Plus it's always been f**king awful for light bleed! Like proper bad!

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
@Oggy997 I see you mention Q symphony. I was going to ask if you've had any issues with yours being echoing with the TV and soundbar slightly out of sync from one another. It hasn't always done it but it seems to be doing it more often recently.
Q80B TV and Q800B soundbar. Looking online it seems to be common and a lot turn the feature off and just run the soundbar now (which I have done)

donnylad

ClioSport Club Member
We stopped in curry’s yesterday so I had a look at TVs, I can’t believe how cheap some of the big TVs are, I was tempted to buy one there and then as I only have a 55 or 49 or some s**t.

Sat down this morning browsing for an hour for something decent to watch, then the kids banged spidey and friends on, so glad I didn’t waste my money!

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
We stopped in curry’s yesterday so I had a look at TVs, I can’t believe how cheap some of the big TVs are, I was tempted to buy one there and then as I only have a 55 or 49 or some s**t.

Sat down this morning browsing for an hour for something decent to watch, then the kids banged spidey and friends on, so glad I didn’t waste my money!
I agree on the price front.

Yonks ago I treated myself to a Sony TV. Full HD (crowd goes wild...) (must have been about 14 years ago now). £900 for a 42".

Paid less than that just over a year ago for a 75" 4k

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Devils advocate, our Samsung just turned 10 and hasn't missed a beat, smart features still work too. It was fairly expensive when we bought it and I just don't reckon cheapo ones will last like that.

997.1, Caddy, e208
The 77" s90c is £2,240 with 2.12% cashback (£2,192) and it is almost the same as the s92c, except the audio, which I wouldn't be bothered about.

It can be had for £2,179 with a bit of f**king about with Samsung.

Can I be arsed for the sake of £160, which I could probably get for the ST50 speaker?

Decisions

This!

Thanks, I'll take a look.
Any others worth looking at as well to give me (the wife) a choice?

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Popped into the local Currys this morning with my Mam to get some bits and had a quick look at the TV's and the LG C3 in particular and it looked stunning, the colours were jaw dropping. Decided to hold off a bit more, parents old Samsung is still for what they need it for and still working. Had a offer on an extra £60 for a x box series x.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Where is this from?

Looking for a TV for the office. Its only 3m wide so by the time I add a little sofa and the TV unit its only going to be 2m from the screen. What would be the optimal size. I'd probably prefer smaller TV size and buy better quality.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Where is this from?

Looking for a TV for the office. Its only 3m wide so by the time I add a little sofa and the TV unit its only going to be 2m from the screen. What would be the optimal size. I'd probably prefer smaller TV size and buy better quality.
48” (OLED of course 😉) seems to be optimal for that sort of distance.

DCi
Ordered a new TV, got an old one in our bedroom which I repaired so getting ahead of that inevitably failing. Going 75" in the living room, gonna see if the existing 55" isn't silly in the kitchen otherwise it will end up on the bedroom wall to replace the iffy one.

Best discount we had through our work perk things was samsung direct and they will hang it on the wall for free which I may or may not regret tomorrow.

F82 M4
Got myself an LG G3 OLED in 55 inch for the bedroom. Wow, it puts my previous excellent C9 OLED to shame. Excellent TV :D

I got it from Very with a 20% discount so I paid £1359 which is a bargain. Had to buy the stand separate though as it doesn't come with one.

20240117_191901.jpg