ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The PlayStation 4 Thread.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Do you have to press the Share button before you start gaming or whatever. I played a few games on BF4 and pressed the share button for the first time after the game finished and no footage came up just a screen shot of the main screen

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Just had a phone call from Game telling me I've got one ready to collect. Gutted as I'm offshore and won't be free until Tuesday but they will keep it for me.
Was just getting killzone bundle which is 400 but she said I can have the killzone mega bundle for 430 which includes an extra controller and the camera.

Will download the update tonight ready.

Might take my ps3 and see how much they will offer me trade in. Also got AC4 and I was told that I was guaranteed 40 trade in when using it to trade for a new ps4 game.

M135i
Are there any decent games other than battlefield/cod/FIFA out that anybody would recommened.

Preferably 2 player really.

11134692725_45fc41df18_b.jpg

11134730306_c43856df36_b.png

You decided which you prefer/would recommend yet CJ?

Can't decide yet, I prefer the Xbox dashboard as it's intuitive and looks nice, but the PS4 controller is a huge improvement over the PS3.

Graphics, I've only tried BF4, and it looks incredible, but I'm s**t at it.

WOW CJ pretty set up you've got going on. Very clean

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
Well my mate bought 2 from Tescos today. He works there so 10% off both as well. Cancelling my order with game. Bunch of muppets. Will prob be on tomorrow night now. BF4 - hope it's good

DB.

BMW 440i
Can't decide yet, I prefer the Xbox dashboard as it's intuitive and looks nice, but the PS4 controller is a huge improvement over the PS3.

Which one is noisier?

I've loved my Xbox 360 but completely undecided on which next gen console to get! Both seem fairly similar! (I've seen a fair few say graphics aren't worlds apart at all and they couldn't tell the difference)

Which one is noisier?

I've loved my Xbox 360 but completely undecided on which next gen console to get! Both seem fairly similar! (I've seen a fair few say graphics aren't worlds apart at all and they couldn't tell the difference)

Honestly, I see no differences in graphics at all.

They are both quiet, I don't even realise they're on (unlike my old 360 which sounded like an old PC creaking and whirring).

I'm impressed with both consoles. The DS4 is really nice too, coming from a 360 user that couldn't stand the DS3.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Can anyone tell me properly how the Share Button works. Seen a YouTube video PS says it's suppose to record last 15 mins off gameplay. Seem the guy double tap the Share button to manually record. He also said that his PS4 almost recorded a full game of a American Football game but it used like 15 clips split up.

Just seems random, are you suppose to press the Share button to start or to stop it. Last clip I had was the time of 23:34 or something but it was the game of hours ago. I only got 4 clips so far of footage

Honestly, I see no differences in graphics at all.

They are both quiet, I don't even realise they're on (unlike my old 360 which sounded like an old PC creaking and whirring).

I'm impressed with both consoles. The DS4 is really nice too, coming from a 360 user that couldn't stand the DS3.

It's nice to hear opinions from someone who has both and not a fanboy. Congrats and keep
us informed of any reasons why one should be chosen over the other. I still have until March to wait!!!

Titanium 182 FF
im so annoyed with myself for now pre ordering a PS4 seems like i am going to have to wait till next year as no one has stock.

im so annoyed with myself for now pre ordering a PS4 seems like i am going to have to wait till next year as no one has stock.

Keep checking Argos - some a**eholes out there are reserving consoles and trying the sell the reservation codes on Ebay!!! You just have to wait for the reservations to expire.

If you check in the evenings you might be able to grab a reservation at a store. I had to have two browsers open checking two locations, refreshing every so often, but managed to get one reserved Sunday night and collected today. Also had the opportunity to get another today and was going to offer it out here (for free of course) but JUST missed out.

Check out stockinformer.co.uk - unfortunately if you want one from Argos you need to be quicker than that site's auto stock checker!

A SHED!
Picked my pre-order up yesterday from game with kz, cod and camera. Little choice for a second game but never mind. Wife then took it all away as its a xmas present.....sigh. Agree with the above comment about the ps4 controller though, its great.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Got the "you have a delivery from Sony" tomorrow text moments ago.

Lets hope oped this one works lol.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
250000 PS4s sold on launch day in the UK. 100000 more than the Xbox One did on launch.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Got a phonecall from game today saying I can have one if I come in within 48 hrs.

went down and collected it earlier, not even got it out of the bag yet, not sure I will either.

i went for the killzone pack, and I am in two minds whether to keep it or not. Work want one for the canteen so they want to buy it off me, but I also kind of want to try it, I've not played on my xbox for more than a few hours since I bought it though, not had the time.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Pick mine up in the morning. Can't wait.
Not sure if I'll get more than one game at moment though.
Killzone mega bundle with camera and spare controller.

Audi TT 225 Quattro
Really am impressed with the PS4, spent pretty much the whole weekend on it and it has been faultless... Having 2 pads is very handy as previously mention they last probably 8 hours at best and charging it up constantly may become a pita but not the end of the world. The camera works perfectly I am using the voice activation a lot more than I thought I would... its pretty cool, say Playstation, Call of duty ghost , start... and off it goes:D It doubles as a mic while playing games although I would like to turn this off sometimes but doesn't seem to be an option for it?
I got 2 games with it plus the free psn stuff but have mainly being playing Call of duty what I have rekindled my love for... Imo it looks absolutely stunning and everything is pin sharp...I actually seem to have got better due to being able to see the b*****d snipers and campers that are in the distance:clown: Done the story mode in 2 straight sittings then used the double xp weekend to get up to lv42 on mp with domination ( jumped in a game with Canky at 1 point;) ).
Killzone I tried for about an hour and tbh I really didn't get on with it , yeah it looked nice but game play didn't really interest me and I wanted to put cod back on:( I will give it more time before condemning it to ebay lol.
Really looking forward to Driveclub in Feb and MGS V later in the year oh and FF14 ARR and numerous other, good times ahead:p

Revels Mum & Sister
WOW Level 42 and complete the single player twice in one weekend. Did you move from the TV over the weekend. I have had COD on the XBOX One now since launch and have completed SP and only Level 15 on MP.

Are you single?

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Just picked it up from game. Got a hell of a bargain too.

Killzone mega bundle (extra controller and the camera) and ps+ for 400.

Will get another game after Christmas probably...

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
WOW Level 42 and complete the single player twice in one weekend. Did you move from the TV over the weekend. I have had COD on the XBOX One now since launch and have completed SP and only Level 15 on MP.

Are you single?

I'm holding out for you :eek:

What do you make of the game mate? Any good?

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
2.1 million PS4s sold globally (though excluding Japan)

Wonder how many actual units they've "shipped" if you take the number of fudged consoles into account.

Speaking of which. DPD are coming between 1105 and 1205 with my replacement PS4.

Last edited:
  Titanium 182
I am going to talk to sony later about my ps4 , seems to get hot very quickly making the fan run on loud. other than that i am really enjoying it. Good luck with your new unit mate

Titanium 182
It happened most on Killzone and would happen every time i got to that point if i died etc fifa was much better. Im not sure if it is a fault or not following a few things online so will find out soon i guess..

A SHED!

Just rang game in a rage over this as that's a great deal, gave me psn+ for free. Fear me good!

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I nearly bought one of these today. Too bad that the only bundle they had in was £650. f**k that for a laugh

Audi TT 225 Quattro

Are you single?

Haha, you misunderstand me ... Completed the Single player campaign in 2 sittings, it is rather short with around 18 small missions so doesn't take long really:) And with the MP I was actually @ lv 21 before starting due to playing the PS3 version a little bit beforehand so not quite a hermit:clown: but no didn't move much since Friday, maybe time for a shower now;)

I can be Single, depends who is asking... would you like some vital statistics:p;)

WOW that is a BARGAIN:eek: I do wonder if Game are going bust again, not just your deal but they had the exclusive rights to GT6 Anniversary edition until recently and now Amazon and Shopto are selling it along with others so seems they have lost it...hmm

LOL is that real?,looks like a bunch of rats around a bag of rice :rofl:

dk

911 GTS Cab

How come?

dont see why they would give the stuff away when they are like gold dust.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
How come?

dont see why they would give the stuff away when they are like gold dust.

They told me a certain price and then they didn't deliver on it. I told them how disappointed I was at being lied to. They amended the price.
I forgot though, I had already paid 20 deposit so it was 420 in the end.
Still bloody cheap tho.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
My replacement console arrived today and the wife has set it up and so far it's working (touches wood).

BG Clio 182
My local game are getting a demo unit in next week, looking forward to having a play o the Ps4 hopefully, as im not getting one until sometime next year.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Mine's coming on December the 6th... just the console, no games. I'm actually not even going to bother opening it yet as still have GTA V to finish! If anyone wants mine for £400 you can have it if you don't wanna wait around :D FYI both Amazon and Game have said there won't be any more released from them this year if not already ordered.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Mine's coming on December the 6th... just the console, no games. I'm actually not even going to bother opening it yet as still have GTA V to finish! If anyone wants mine for £400 you can have it if you don't wanna wait around :D FYI both Amazon and Game have said there won't be any more released from them this year if not already ordered.
which is strange as a guy at work has been told by the local game that they are getting stock in at the end of this week that isn't reserved.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
That is strange! As when I went in a couple of weeks ago, Game told me anyone who hadn't pre-ordered wouldn't be getting one until 2014 now... maybe each store has different stock allocation? Is he in London by any chance? Just thinking they might get more in. The store I checked was Southend.