ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Power PC Thread [f*ck off consoles]

It's interesting to see that the 290x's are not far behind you - considering the 980's are brand new cards, that's a little disappointing from Nvidia, unless the benchmark favours AMD cards?

Either way, epic scores - and you really do spend epic amounts of money on PC hardware!

I thought I used to be a little insane, but this is like dk-level lol.

Evo 5 RS
The 290s are miles behind. You are comparing dry ice LN2 scores to my record which is on the reference cooler on volt locked 175W TDP parts.

Maxwell blows Hawaii out of the water mate

Ive been away from the PC upgrade scene for a good while but thinking of spending a few ££'s on it and use it purely for gaming.

Currently have 2 Nvidia 670s in SLI and a 27* 2560 IPS Monitor but tempted to change to something with G-Sync after seening a few Linus tech tip videos.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-070-AS&groupid=17&catid=1120

or maybe this LG Flatron 34"

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-120-LG&groupid=17&catid=1120

Wouldnt mind changing out the Graphics cards while im at it. Has anyone any thoughts on what route to go down?

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Gaming. Could probably stretch to £700 - £800 to be honest.

A lot of money just to play elite dangerous but I really love elite!

And what do you intend to use it for? If it's for gaming you will struggle to build something that will last imo!

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
As above I've also been toying on getting a gaming PC again but Well out of touch with it all. In a nutshell I fancy going full nerd with a race seat for racing games. What sort of money am I looking at for a powerful machine that will play such games at a good level. I don't need to go mad here, is it possible on £500 machine (minus peripherals). Or will it be dog slow and out of date within a day?

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
This is the spec of the one I just bought;

Processor: Intel Quad Core i5-4670K (Unlocked Version!!)
Processor Cooling / Heatsink: Zalman CNPS8900
Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Impact ITX Z8Z
RAM: 8GB High Performance memory
Solid State Hard Drive: Samsung 830 256GB Sata6Gb/s
Graphics Card: Gainward Geforce GTX 750 TI
HTPC Case: Silverstone Raven RVZ01 (HTPC ITX)
Operating System: Windows 8.1 Pro (Activated)

F82 M4
Treated myself to a ROG Swift :)

IMG_20141127_175924.jpg

Still waiting for my new machine, paid the full amount of OcUK on the 20th of October and was told it would take 2-3 weeks for the system to be built. I am still waiting for a date...

Had nothing but issues and excuses, I'm constantly having to chase them for an update too. Last I heard was that the cables were meant to be there on Wednesday and not had confirmation they turned up. Really dissapointed at the moment about the whole experience, not really what you expect when spending a chunk of cash like this 😧

Still waiting for my new machine, paid the full amount of OcUK on the 20th of October and was told it would take 2-3 weeks for the system to be built. I am still waiting for a date...

Had nothing but issues and excuses, I'm constantly having to chase them for an update too. Last I heard was that the cables were meant to be there on Wednesday and not had confirmation they turned up. Really dissapointed at the moment about the whole experience, not really what you expect when spending a chunk of cash like this 😧

Spoke to them this morning and it's ready to ship, I should get it next week. Can't wait to get a decent PC again, Farcry 4 here I come!

Can someone recommend me a 5.1 speaker system for my PC?
I just need something with adjustable bass and just good clarity.
Budget is £100 roughly, I've seen the Z506 Logitech one and the creative inspire T6300 but so many mixed reviews

2014 Focus Titanium
Just ordered a Corsair H80i to replace my Coolermaster Hyper TX3 as my cpu was getting too hot stressing with small FFTs in Prime95 (although it was fine with every other stress test). Looking forward to seeing the results!

F82 M4
Just ordered a Corsair H80i to replace my Coolermaster Hyper TX3 as my cpu was getting too hot stressing with small FFTs in Prime95 (although it was fine with every other stress test). Looking forward to seeing the results!

What CPU is it?

2014 Focus Titanium
i5 4670K. I didn't get a great copy so I have to run about 1.33v into it to get to 4.2/4.3.
During intel stress tests it never goes about 75 degrees, same with aida64, but in Prime95, 1st set of tests it goes up to 75-80, and in second set of tests it starts hitting 90-95!

F82 M4
i5 4670K. I didn't get a great copy so I have to run about 1.33v into it to get to 4.2/4.3.
During intel stress tests it never goes about 75 degrees, same with aida64, but in Prime95, 1st set of tests it goes up to 75-80, and in second set of tests it starts hitting 90-95!
Yeah mate Haswell chips don't like Prime95. Nothing wrong with the cooler :)

2014 Focus Titanium
This is true, but I had an eBay voucher burning a hole in my pocket, always wanted a cpu water unit :-D

What specs did you go for?

Asus X99-E WS motherboard
Intel 5930K
32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum
2 x Gigabyte GTX 980 G1
2 x 1TB Samsung 840 Evo SSDs
1000W SuperFlower Leadex Fully Modular 80 Plus Platinum PSU
CaseLabs Magnum SMH10 Matte Black case
Pexon Cable Braiding
Lots of Noiseblock BlackSilent Pro fans, Akasa PWM Controllers
2 X ROG Swift monitors

The case, fans and PSU will be re-used when I watercool later next year :)

2014 Focus Titanium
Intel 5930K
2 x Gigabyte GTX 980 G1
Pexon Cable Braiding
2 X ROG Swift monitors

The case, fans and PSU will be re-used when I watercool later next year :smile:
Holy s**t that is some system!

Intel 5930K
2 x Gigabyte GTX 980 G1
Pexon Cable Braiding
2 X ROG Swift monitors

The case, fans and PSU will be re-used when I watercool later next year :smile:

Proper Job!
Post some pics when that arrives :D

2014 Focus Titanium
Installed my H80i a couple of hours ago and have been stress testing since then, it's made a decent difference! I'm seeing about 12 degrees improvement on average and small FFTs are only taking the cpu to mid 80s. Perfect!

Now for moar powah!!

It turned up today on a pallet, the delivery guy dumped it on the pavement and wouldn't help bring it in and pressured her to sign it all without checking it. The girlfriend struggled to drag it in but by the time I got home it was all safe inside the house.

Some crappy iphone pics
1.JPG

Bottle of deoderant for size...
2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

Initial impressions are great, nice and quick but then you would hope it was! :)

Last edited:
Thats amazing. Even the case it came in is impressive. Pitty the delivery guy was a dick.

I know you have planned to watercool it but whats the noise like as it stands?