ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Power PC Thread [f*ck off consoles]

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
With the new AM5 range and Inter 13-gen showing up, I'm starting to think it's time to replace my aging i7-4770k. Mr Haswell is starting to feel a tad dated.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
4090 is really only for those playing high refresh @ 4k. Limiting factor being they only went with display port 1.4 instead of display port 2.0 (As mentioned in that LTT video above).

This will not fit in my case so hope the proper 4080 or AMD's efforts are worthy.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I can run at the 120 cap of my TV/monitor at 4k currently on Warzone (With everything maxed but with DLSS on quality). How much "harder" will Warzone 2 push it?

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I'm tempted by the 4090 to do Cyberpunk in 4k with everything turned on. I imagine those into MS Flight sim will benefit too but in general I don't think there's much to gain at the moment.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I can run at the 120 cap of my TV/monitor at 4k currently on Warzone (With everything maxed but with DLSS on quality). How much "harder" will Warzone 2 push it?
With FSR on I was seeing 150-160fps at 4k in the MW2 beta so I can't imagine it will be pushing it much.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
4090 is really only for those playing high refresh @ 4k. Limiting factor being they only went with display port 1.4 instead of display port 2.0 (As mentioned in that LTT video above).

This will not fit in my case so hope the proper 4080 or AMD's efforts are worthy.
Aye, you need multiple DP1.4 cables with DSC for high resolution high refresh.
1665567688413.png

DP 2.0 will definitely be needed for the next gen after this.

Maccy

ClioSport Club Member
  Straight 6
FE was sold out before it even launched 🤣

I got the ASUS TUF one as it was cheapest and I presume it's based on the FE PCB. So I've pre-ordered the EK 4090 FE waterblock too.
I could see the 'add to basket' on the nvidia site, clicked it and then it said not available. I do know of someone who managed to get one though.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
It doesn't look much like AMD will be challenging Nvidia for the top spot with their new cards. I wonder how it will compare against the previous gen Nvidia series.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
From what I've read a little while back I think the 7950XT is in the pipeline at some point? That might be the only one to come close.

Wonder if they're having issues with the stacked design and/or software.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I'd download it manually from Nvidia mate - https://www.nvidia.co.uk/Download/driverResults.aspx/187349/en-uk

That's the one you want. When you start the process it'll give you the option for "Express" install or "Custom". You want to click custom and then there's a little check box saying "Perform a clean install". You want to check that. What that does is remove all of the previous drivers and install them brand new. I reckon that'll help with the blue screening.
Hi there, since i've done the clean install, it's been alright for a while but i'm starting to get more regular bsod. Most recent one was 15 mins ago. Do you think it might need another driver install or something else might be wrong?

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
From what I've read a little while back I think the 7950XT is in the pipeline at some point? That might be the only one to come close.

Wonder if they're having issues with the stacked design and/or software.

The Nvidia is a mega power hog and is stupidly expensive, seems like a brute force approach to jam as much processing power onto the card and run it as hard as possible.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Hi there, since i've done the clean install, it's been alright for a while but i'm starting to get more regular bsod. Most recent one was 15 mins ago. Do you think it might need another driver install or something else might be wrong?

What error does it say on the BSOD? Is it a random reboot or happen under load or something?

F82 M4

Keep your phone next to the PC mate and the next time it does it take a photo and upload here

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
it didnt cross my mind to take the picture like what i did last time, sorry. This time i had the bsod few seconds i was watching Netlfix on my pc @Wilkeh @R3k1355

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone who's thinking of getting a 4090...it's massive, just fits in my Phantek P500 with a front radiator on.

There will be a lot more room when it's watercooled as it's the fans and shroud that take up the space.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Anyone who's thinking of getting a 4090...it's massive, just fits in my Phantek P500 with a front radiator on.

There will be a lot more room when it's watercooled as it's the fans and shroud that take up the space.

Tested it yet?