ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Power PC Thread [f*ck off consoles]

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Interesting day today.
IMG_3624.jpeg

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I'd say they're already dead and buried unless the moral compass that is Luke manages to dig them out of the s**t
They were pretty fucked just from the GN video (which was hardly anything new, just someone calling them out being so inaccurate finally), the sexual assault etc allegations were the killer blow.

I like Luke, he’s definitely the best of them there. Hope he finds alternative employment.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
100% mate, Luke needs out of there before he goes down with the ship

I think that lass on Twitter was a snowflake though. The sort of lass that thinks every bloke wants to f**k her

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
You could definitely argue she should’ve been prepared to graft but being forced to cut your leg open to get a day off and being groped etc is probably not in the job description (or I’d apply). Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s all true tbh

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
Pretty sure that as long as they keep pumping out content people want to watch they'll be fine. There's a lot of noise, but how many of their millions of subscribers would know any of this was going on if it wasn't for their mea culpa video this morning.

Linus has clearly been their biggest weakness for a looooong time, the culture comes from the top and when the guy at the top can't keep his head under pressure and lacks empathy then...... yeah......

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Still on and off thinking about a gaming PC, winter is coming and I'm getting tempted again.

What do people think of this deal from Palicomp? (the promos at the top overide the later spec)

This costs £1087, PC part picker puts it at £1109 so would cost slightly more to build myself, just wanted to run the spec past you guys. Am I/they basically cheaping out on everything for the 4070 or is it a fairly balanced system?

It's actually probably overkill for my use case, I'll play big titles on my XSX if I'm honest, I want the PC for indie games I can't get on console and Zwift, but I look at cheaper new systems and the performance per pound doesn't seem as good.

Used might also be worth exploring I guess, if anyone on here is selling an old PC 👀

Palicomp:

1692525761664.png

PC Part Picker:

1692526148363.png

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Both good, although if you can find a well priced RX 6950XT it benches abit higher than the 4070 I think? Not Ray Tracing tho, those generation AMD cards don't like it.

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Question, who in God's name is spending £219 on a Windows license from the Microsoft store?! My OEM key predictably stopped working after changing my motherboard and CPU so I thought I'd check to see how much a legit one cost before I jumped on Google and bought another OEM key. I'd have to build 74 computers for it to work out cheaper than just buying a new key every time 🧐

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Just get your license swapped over. If they won’t do that then you can get them for peanuts on other sites.

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Just get your license swapped over. If they won’t do that then you can get them for peanuts on other sites.
Bought one for £3. Not worth my time even bothering to call 😂
Weirdly I managed to use the same licence key on both my old PC and my laptop, so I definitely got my money's worth last time!

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
God I hate computers sometimes. Windows has decided that the TV I used as a monitor for the last 4 years no longer supports HDR streaming 🙄

f**king f**k the f**k off you stupid f**king f**k Bill Gates 🤬

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Is it normal cos is I can see light reflecting on my wall coming from the back of the pc or is the pc doing something even though the pc is fully turned off?

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Is it normal cos is I can see light reflecting on my wall coming from the back of the pc or is the pc doing something even though the pc is fully turned off?
My last motherboard had LEDs on the board that were always on if the machine had power. Might be there's a setting in the BIOS to turn them off (was on mine)

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Do you have it hard wired to the router? If so then it’ll be the LAN port, nothing to worry about.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Question, who in God's name is spending £219 on a Windows license from the Microsoft store?! My OEM key predictably stopped working after changing my motherboard and CPU so I thought I'd check to see how much a legit one cost before I jumped on Google and bought another OEM key. I'd have to build 74 computers for it to work out cheaper than just buying a new key every time 🧐
I was pretty lucky in that respect.

When I switched from my old i7 6700K system to my current Ryzen 5600X one - as expected, Windows 10 threw a paddy.

It wouldn't authenticate and was happy to tell me that I needed I new licence, etc. I thought fcuk it - just download the Win11 media kit and try to upgrade it to that.

Sure enough, that sailed through the authentication process and was happy. I then just did a complete reformat of C: - getting rid of the old Win10 remnants and this new Win11 install and put a fresh O/S install on.

All has been good so far.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
So after a lot of dilly dallying about getting a gaming PC, for the best part of a year, I finally placed an order tonight.

Gone for a prebuilt, Ryzen 5 7600 with a 4070, very excited for it to arrive so I can play all the old/indie games that require basically no power :ROFLMAO:

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Awaiting the 14th gen release next month. 14700k will be my poison I reckon.

I'm actually going to sell the Jag XF to fund it lmao

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Ebuyer Express currently have a Plait 4070Ti for £689, and an MSI Ventus 4070Ti for £710.
Add the item to your basket, in the checkout screen use the code COLLECT10 to knock £75 off the price.

The AMD 7800XT has started to appear around £490, it performs really well in benchmarks, obviously slightly less than the 7900XT, but with nearly a £300 price difference it's not that far off.

Last edited:

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
New PC has arrived, for a pre-built it has required a lot of setting up by me, but it's fairly fun.

I have a noob question, it has 4 chassis fans which go into a controller. The controller has an RGB control input which is plugged in to the RGB header on the MB and I can control (read as calm the f**k down) the RGB, all good. But the controller is powered using a normal 4 pin fan cable straight from the PSU, do I just need to get a fan cable and plug it in to the fan header on the MB so I can control them in software?

Is it safe to power the controller and 4 fans from a single motherboard header?

I don't know what brand the controller is, the chassis is fairly low end and it came with it (1st player T3).

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
Dilemma.

My AMD graphics card developed a fault and went off for warranty repair and I snagged a 3070 to use while it was away.

The repair still isn’t done three months later so I whinged and they’ve offered me store credit to the original price of the card which is fine with me.

If I sell the 3070 that lets me get a 12gig 4070 which is a nice match for my system, or do I put the money towards a racing sim rig? I feel like a 3070 is a bit limp for VR and as I have a headset I’m leaning towards the graphics card upgrade.

What sayeth the hive mind?

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
A 6950XT is worth considering as well, it can't do Ray Tracing very well, but it's got abit more grunt than a 4070. It's about 20 quid more.

Also a 7800XT is a really close match to a 4070, and it's about 40 quid cheaper.