ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Power PC Thread [f*ck off consoles]

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Probably a silly question, but have you checked the fans are physically spinning. You mentioned only 2 of the fans are reporting their speed, is the third one spinning and not reporting, or is it just sat doing nothing?

Yer they are spinning seems like it's just the way the fans are wired that's why it reports two rather than three. I have removed it from the case debating taking it apart.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Could be onto a winner here. Barely anything on this!

IMG-20231009-WA0006.jpeg

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Yeah that’s pretty poor.

I have a Gigabyte Vision and the fans are set up to spin two at once and the third is separate, I imagine yours will be the same.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
I've pulled the trigger on finally replacing my 4770k. 14700k inbound, ddr5 and nvme time.

Sad part is I'll be going W11, which I'm not happy with, but nevermind.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Because they think they're f**king hacker McHackerson and they're really edgy

When in actual reality they just look like a lazy pleb and they haven't found a workaround for any of their old shite that wont work on a newer OS
I threw some old parts together to clear some boxes out of the cupboard the other week. Windows 11 works fine on an i5 3570K 😂

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Just creating a W11 Media USB ready for tomorrow. All the kit is here.

MSI MAG Tomahawk Z790 WIFI
i7-14700K
Corsair DDR5 Ram (Vengeance)
Deepcool AK620 Cooler
Sabrent SSDs
3060Ti GPU (ASUS DUAL)
Corsair 850x PSU
Fractal XL Silent full tower.

Should be interesting :)

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX board in and fully running. MSI board I had is a horror show looking on the forums.

All in now though, super fast!

DCi
It's been so long since I've bought PC stuff that my case has a hole for a floppy disc drive!

I am probably going to upgrade mobo/cpu/ram/PSU but whilst I'm there I might as well stick it in a new case

I'm not going water cooled but is there anything case/fan wise to look out for (or avoid) to get least noise possible?

I'll come to cpu mobo etc later on!

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
It's been so long since I've bought PC stuff that my case has a hole for a floppy disc drive!

I am probably going to upgrade mobo/cpu/ram/PSU but whilst I'm there I might as well stick it in a new case

I'm not going water cooled but is there anything case/fan wise to look out for (or avoid) to get least noise possible?

I'll come to cpu mobo etc later on!
Avoid any case that has fans behind a glass panel, or behind any solid panel. The restriction to airflow will cause higher temps and increase fan noise. Get something with a mesh front panel or at least a less restrictive front panel.
The Fractal Torrent gets great reviews.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Just bought a pair of intel 2TB M.2s with 3500/2700mbps read/write. Not the fastest in the world but both my laptop and PC have done me the pleasure of getting full at the same time and I cba to pay for anything faster.

It’s amazing how quickly you fill drives up these days. Mind you Flight Simulator is a standout case really.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Same case I have mate. It's excellent.

I saw JayzTwoCents review it recently and thought, yup - that's the ticket! The only other case I was looking at was the new Hyte Y70 (or whatever it's called) with the built-in hi-res touch screen. I thought it was a bit gimmicky though and I don't think I'd have much use for that extra screen.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Just paid £450 for this laptop so my daughter can use it for homework/Minecraft which gets her off my PC. She’s spoilt using my setup so wanted to get something half decent.

Anyone have a glance over the spec and confirm it’s good?

3050ti and i5 gen 12 12500H

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Finally chucked my PC bits across into the new case and hooked up to the new PSU. It's a bit of a dog's dinner at the moment (and I couldn't be a**sed with taking the cable management to baller level) but it works and the new bits will be making their way in there in due course.

Some pics from my potato phone.

I'm a bit disappointed I didn't get the nice carry bag with this PSU (as is supplied with the AXi 860 I have). :ROFLMAO:

20231105_231607.jpg

The GPU is hooooooooge. And heavy.

20231106_010426.jpg

(No, I don't care about fancy colour schemes or complementary colour combinations between components). 🤣

20231106_010538.jpg

It'll do - can't see the cables when the SSD drive door is closed anyway!

20231106_154129.jpg

20231106_170431.jpg

(No, not really fussed about RGB either - hence plain, black, RGB-less fans!) 🤣

20231106_172000.jpg

In all seriousness, the case is seriously good (as some of you pointed out) and it was nice and easy to work on. I'm really happy with it.

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Finally chucked my PC bits across into the new case and hooked up to the new PSU. It's a bit of a dog's dinner at the moment (and I couldn't be a**sed with taking the cable management to baller level) but it works and the new bits will be making their way in there in due course.

Some pics from my potato phone.

I'm a bit disappointed I didn't get the nice carry bag with this PSU (as is supplied with the AXi 860 I have). :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 1668083

The GPU is hooooooooge. And heavy.

View attachment 1668084

(No, I don't care about fancy colour schemes or complementary colour combinations between components). 🤣

View attachment 1668086

It'll do - can't see the cables when the SSD drive door is closed anyway!

View attachment 1668087
View attachment 1668088

(No, not really fussed about RGB either - hence plain, black, RGB-less fans!) 🤣

View attachment 1668089

In all seriousness, the case is seriously good (as some of you pointed out) and it was nice and easy to work on. I'm really happy with it.
I've seen ketchup and mustard cables before, but never ketchup and mustard RAM 🤣

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Is there anyone who’s up to scratch with the ROG Ally?

If I’m playing a solo game (GTA/RDR2/cyberpunk etc) on my PC, then the next day on my ROG Ally, am I able to continue in the campaign from the progress I got up to on my PC? I guess I’m asking does the Ally load up cloud saves etc. Same with multiplayer as well, can you play online with them?

Also how does it work with launchers etc. am I able to download Battlenet launcher on the Ally to load my already purchased games?

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
The Ally runs Windows 11 - basically it's a handheld PC so anything you can do with a normal PC to sync your saves will work - Steam cloud, battlenet, Rockstar, as long as they sync between PCs now they will also sync from the Ally.

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Windows update has decided some of my games don't need playing any more. No rhyme or reason to which ones still work and which ones are broken. Guess I'll just wait for the next update and see if it fixes itself 🙄