ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

'The Silver Fox' Megane Trophy Progress blog.

Megane Trophy Stg 2
Right probably time i started a blog.

Here goes.

Bought the megane back in septemeber, needing a cambelt, and injectors.

Looked like this after its first proper wash.

IMG_0513.jpg

IMG_0514.jpg

IMG_0515.jpg

IMG_0516.jpg

I did the cambelt and the injectors, and it ran much sweeter.

I then fitted a Forge Re-circ valve blanking plate, removed the foam in the airbox. to give it some wastegate chatter.

IMG_0517.jpg

Next I fitted some mintex 1144 front brake pads and R26.R front discs.

and of course, a stage 1 remap.

MeganeStage1.jpg

Felt much better, more like a boosted car, now running just over 1 bar of boost.

As the weather started to get better i decided to pop a set of tyres on that I had been keeping by for a while.

my missus gave it a detail as it was very dirty from the winter. She did a full paint correction, etc.

PhotoApr30152216.jpg

PhotoApr30152212.jpg

PhotoApr30151612.jpg

PhotoApr30151549.jpg

PhotoApr30151512.jpg

PhotoApr30151447.jpg

PhotoApr30145957.jpg

PhotoApr30145711.jpg

PhotoApr30145649.jpg

new2.jpg

Also took it to my mate stu <3 who chopped my back box out for me. and welded in a lovely straight pipe.

PhotoApr03134445.jpg

Next was time for an intercooler. So got hold of one, and fitted it, easier than i thought it would be. 40mins.

PhotoMay17180827.jpg

PhotoMay17182515.jpg

and now the intercooler has been done, time for stage 2.

mymeganestage2.jpg

now peaks at 1.5 bar, power was a bit disappointing, but by the time i had adjusted the new forge actuator, the air temp inside the dyno room was about 35 degrees.

so i will have to run it again when its cooler in there to get a better read on it.

So thats all for now. but i do have some more plans in the pipeline :D

Last edited by a moderator:

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
FML i miss my megane, used to make the same noise......get the midbox chopped aswell :evil:

340i
Looking very nice Sam... Mr's detailing the car for you, brilliant! :approve:

With you working at TDF I expect nothing short of extraordinary updates ;) haha

What are your future plans for the car?

Turbos.
Nice, agree the colour suits it well. Missus looks cute, but not keen on what she has done to her 182...

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Nice. What controls the boost on these as standard? Looks like N75 valve?

Why did it need new injectors?

R26
Are you running a blanking plate and no dump valve etc? I've heard a few people say to do that but I don't want too if it causes problems?

Car looks nice, I'm only a couple of villages from you in sawtry.

Megane Trophy Stg 2
yes the injectors are a common fail on the 225, the r26 ones are more reliable, but the same flowrate, so i now have them fitted.

my future plans may envolve the WRC recaro i have aquired out of an EVO WRC car. carbon kevlar yum yum. and standalone.

blanking plate with no DV is perfectly fine. people say the pressure will 'bend the blades on the turbo', but if 1.5bar of boost pressure dont bend them, then why would a few millibar on the way out. this is how the WRC engines we build are, and they have no problems. just less things to allow a boost leak.

pop over and see us if your not far. cliosport rolling road day this saturday.

R26
May get a blanking plate then, would
It help on peak figures with a stage 1? And yes going to aim to come Saturday :)

Megane Trophy Stg 2
im fairly sure it does. just with the blanking plate. standard map, mine made 244 bhp

Last edited:
  Lotus Elise
Looks epic Sam well done. I bet its good fun on those tyres, are you ever found wanting for a diff?

Also what suspension is that clio on? looks rather low.

Megane Trophy Stg 2
Her clio is on bilstein b14's. needs to come to us for a Geo i know.

With the tyres, I havent found a need for a Diff yet on the road. On Track though im sure I will, but that is yet to be seen.

Phil Keen is going to sort me out with a Quaife if i need one, he has given me a pretty good price. ;)

Megane Trophy Stg 2
Yeh I did have it up for sale, and it still is if i get a good offer, just sort of testing the waters, see what i got offered as a PX. but I didnt really get offered anything I really wanted. so i just decided to stick with the devil i knew for a bit longer. lol

Nimbus Megane R26
my r26 is the same colour, really suits it. Looks good detailed..really need mine doing its abit of a state in places.

You've done some nice bits and bobs to it, must go well :)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Looks very well!

Are those number plates coincedental or are they personal ones?

Megane Trophy Stg 2
my r26 is the same colour, really suits it. Looks good detailed..really need mine doing its abit of a state in places.

You've done some nice bits and bobs to it, must go well :)

Think only the trophy came in nimbus grey mate. The R26 is a lighter silver.

Looks very well!

Are those number plates coincedental or are they personal ones?

Nah just coincidental. only noticed the other day.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Nice car but i love your missus baked bean. Obviously i am going to be one sided!!

You got anymore plans for it?

Whats her username on here ?

Sam!

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
I then fitted a Forge Re-circ valve blanking plate, removed the foam in the airbox. to give it some wastegate chatter.

looks good, but i wouldnt call it wastegate chatter if your working for a company like tdf, that noise your hearing is only refered to as wastegate chatter if you hang around at mcdonalds alot

Megane Trophy Stg 2
Nice car but i love your missus baked bean. Obviously i am going to be one sided!!

You got anymore plans for it?

Whats her username on here ?

Sam!

Her username is 183boo.

and yes, i have been looking at cages etc, to go with my bucket seat.

M135i
Thats looking great, Sam. Nice to see Andrea getting involved too. I usually see her driving about Duston, not spoke to her in a while though.

182 Inferno
sMeg does look good and goes like stink.. But obviously the Bean is better ;)

Jimbo - Not seen you about for aaaaaaages.. I might have to stop by one eve with Mike and the gang to say hello!!

M135i
Yes do stop by! Ive broken my wrist so can't drive at the moment. Such a killer! 3 cars and can't drive any of them!