ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

They Grey Valver Thread

Petrol Blue 182.
Hello all! recently got a grey valver and I thought I'd share with you updates with the car in this here thread.

As I bought the car:
DSC_0007-1.jpg

not in the worst condition either, few rust patches but nothing to major, she was only bought as a toy as im due a company car :)

first things first, after a quick run the enginge liked to have a bit of a fit and felt like it wanted to stall and would be very jolty and unpredictable, after a bit of research I found out that I wasnt the only one to have this problem, so a new rocker cover gaskit was ordered, as was new plugs, rotor arm and dizzy cap.

P100907_124327.jpg

The old gaskit was hmmmm a bit old, and split

P100910_165906.jpg

P100910_165923.jpg

spark plugs were swimming in oil,

P100910_172525.jpg

P100910_172345.jpg

so cleaned out the spark plug housing and put the new plugs in.

Old dizzy and rotor arm:

P100910_170939.jpg

and the new one on :approve:

P100910_170952.jpg

She now runs so much smooother!

Next on the list of things to do is the clutch, as that was slipping when I bought her, the previous owner did pick up on this and threw in a clutch for me :)

More updates soon!

Petrol Blue 182.
yeah mate, cracked on with it yesterday afternoon, was playing up in the morning so thought id just get on with it, touchwood it hasnt done it again yet, but do need that new airbox!

Oooooh my mates old valver, ive been in that car :D Who did you buy it from? A chap called Rob?

No, a chap called mark in guildford bud

182trophy & Williams
nice mate, love grey valvers,makes me miss my silver one looking at that

Petrol Blue 182.
relitivly small update for you, Clutch was fixed, went to test it, got half way down the road and the car came to a halt along with a massive bang, a week later and it was back up and running :) fly wheel sensor had got dirty and wasnt working properly, so fixed that and also got round to adding some aditions i had bought.

Magnex cat back system was put on as the old system was a home made side exit, ghetto but awsomes, flames n tings! a hell of a lot quieter and much more bareable for day to day driving! still pops and flames too :)

may need a bit of tweeking to get it sitting exactly in the middle of the recess tho.

P101114_162120.jpg

P101114_162137.jpg

and the mess the old one left!

P101114_162151.jpg

also fitted some new headlamps and indicators as the old ones where going!

more updates soon

wilky19

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon FR 184
that looks like a mongoose exhaust a magnex has an oval back box. mongoose's sound awesome but fit like a pile of s**t and bang on the rear beam.

glad you sorted it out.

Petrol Blue 182.
mongoose! thats the one lol doh! i was trying to think and couldnt lol, yeah it rattles if i have some one in the back lol, cheers for the help btw with the problem :)

Petrol Blue 182.
got a set of turbines today :) curtasy of nick 172 cup! and will hopefully have all the pieces needed for my Group N rally induction set up by x-mas! gota wait for the parts to be shipped from france :(

R14 CUP
You can get them made up yourself, there is a thread on WC about the scoups that fit in the scuttle, and you can just use a v6 airbox.

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Looks good ryan, should catch up to get some pics sometime mate.

Petrol Blue 182.
yeah i get a free MOT at work, but only one a year :( lol i know its def gna fail on emisions, and i think it would be too cheeky for me to ask them to allow it threw, may be looking for a cat, its due on the 20th so can get it done now which i think it will.

got it from wests on here £63 :) the scuttle scoop still smells of fibreglass lol im getting high pmsl, theres only one problem with it, looks like it took a dent on the bend, you can see it in the pics, shame but still well worth the money! going to have to give the engine bay a spruce up now!

Thats very cheap! Cheaper than what my mate can get them for me and he 'says' that its cost price plus 5%! Just find a local guy off clio16valver and ask to borrow his cat! Cheeky but you only need it for one day, seeing as your not paying for the MOT then you could get him beers as a thank you!

Also Ryan, when you get that airbox have you got an aftermarket filter for it? If so any chance I could have the standard? ;) Need a new filter for my Ph1 airbox on the Meg!

Petrol Blue 182.
no mate i dont have an aftermarket one, just the standerd one, can strieght swap you tho if you wana buy one :p your meg got an espace airbox too then?

Petrol Blue 182.
Air box came today, thank you West Renault! awsome service :)

few pics of it assembled, just need a few more pieces of the puzzle now and shell be ready :evil:

carbonairintake3.jpg

carbonairintake2.jpg

carbonairintake1.jpg

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Looking good mate :) , you got it through an MOT yet? you gonna make SRR ?

Petrol Blue 182.
working for the RR now mate :( so wont be going unfortunatly, mots still a no go, put a cat on today but still failed on emisions :S has a blow from the manifold so gna have to sort that and re try

Petrol Blue 182.
Finaly some good news, a fresh green ticket for the valver :) shes good for another year!

got my ITG filer threw in the post today aswell :)

itg.jpg

off to the scrappy next week to get a battery box from a 206 and the battery lead from a 320 BMW.

induction kit should be going in one day next eve! pics and a vid to follow

Petrol Blue 182.
bit of an update for you.

picked this up thursday evening.

f16ie1.jpg

manifold.jpg

only had an hour this morning to make a start....

frontend1.jpg

frontend3.jpg

massive thanks to nick172cup for the engine and box. this will keep me busy for the next couple of months!

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
ahh ic, are the megane f7r's much different from the williams F7r's?? as it looks like you have a completely spherical throttle body on that!

Petrol Blue 182.
bigger valves in the head for more tourque, and a chain driven oil pump, oh and it runs off coil pack, not dizzy

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
that sounds much better than the williams engine!

what sort of power do they push??