ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

This cant be true ?

330i. E30 Touring.
Being that most standard 1*2 engines put out around 150-160bhp, there's no way on this earth a set of cams will give you 200bhp.

Clio172 / Focus Ti X
So theyre claiming the cams will give a 172, 30 to 35 bhp? interesting. Nothing else listed will give no gains?

I know im going to buy a set quite soon. so them with matched inlets, nice headwork, exhaust and filter combined with a map shoud see me get 215 to 220 atleast? i strongly doubt that.

Iv seen a few people on here run the cams.

Flame Red 172
I know how will a waterpump and cambelt improve bhp ?? lol dont understand it at all , im sure people just pluck those figures out of thin air

330i. E30 Touring.
PMSL. A fresh cambelt and waterpump won't improve BHP. I've heard it said before that timing will have slipped slightly or loosened over 5 or so years of an engine being run, so when retimed up with a new belt etc, it should be bang on again. That'll help, but it's still really optimistic to expect 200bhp from just cams.

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
It's just good practice to replace the belts when you have them off to fit the cams. Only pikeys reuse belts.