ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

THIS IS A BAD DAY

Renault Clio 53 1.2
incase your wondering this was a db9

IMG_0449.jpg

Renault Clio 53 1.2
i saw it happen, it looked like the brakes caught on fire, next thing it was the tire, and then it reached the petrol tank and you can imagine the rest

No car
Heartbreaking! The joke of the matter is, the insurance company will still find a way not to pay out 'oh the tires have been modified with extra air so that invalidates your insurance sir'

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
The brakes caught fire on normal road use?

I'd be crying and rocking backwards & forwards in the fetal position at the side of the road if that was my DB9.

Renault Clio 53 1.2
haha well what ever happened it was right on the wheel, warn bearing, caused too much friction heat?

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Surely it would take a lot of fierce driving along with not noticing you are perma-braking to set them on fire.

Sometimes you dont notice brakes sticking on, my passenger side stuck on, on sunday on my way to newcastle, when your going along at a steady speed you hardly notice.. I got out and the brake was pretty much glowing.. Had to strip my brakes out on the side of the A69 :eek:

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc
Surely it would take a lot of fierce driving along with not noticing you are perma-braking to set them on fire.

Not really at all. The caliper locked itself shut on my brake disc before on the old M3 and after 1/2 mile driving at 30mph it was glowing red/purpley hot.

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Yes that would have put a dampener on my day.

You saw it happen and didn't get pics of it burning?

Sometimes you dont notice brakes sticking on, my passenger side stuck on, on sunday on my way to newcastle, when your going along at a steady speed you hardly notice.. I got out and the brake was pretty much glowing.. Had to strip my brakes out on the side of the A69 :eek:

I knew about mine because it was vibrating like one of those big sex machine things, that and the disc being as red as F1 discs.

FN2 Type R GT
haha it was inflames before i got the number plate, you thinking of taunton, trull? area when did you go to queens?

No worries, know a few people who have db9's so thought it might be one of theirs.

Yeh used to go to queens, you live in the area?

mk2 Pre f/l - Keeks
Did you hear a white mk2 go flying past with a 'whub whub whub'? cos I deffo saw someone looking a bit hacked off with a jacked up clio dow that way ;)