ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

This must be a scam? Brembo content

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
17   0   0
  A Yellow One
Mine came damaged Paint badly chipped and not in OEM packaging either. Query whether they're brand new tbh.
Have messaged seller and will await his response.

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  BG Clio 182
Yeah gonna say mine were really well packaged, clearly brand new, in oem boxes with brembo leaflets. The paint is immaculate and there are no marks anywhere. Sure was the same guy? @Sash

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
17   0   0
  A Yellow One
On further inspection in daylight they're different colours and on one the brembo decal has overspray on it.
The part no. on the box is a been I part no. but it's a reused box as there's an old postage label underneath the ups one. The bubble wrap is pretty poor tbh and the paint chips are in the box!
You'll have t excuse the whiskers, bugsy wanted in on the inspection!
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpg
image.jpeg image.jpeg

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Clio 200
Don't blame you for not being happy with them. I know I wouldn't be! Display model maybe? As it doesn't look used, just man handled

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  BG Clio 182
That's s**t that I don't get it. I'm not being a dick it's just mine was nothing like that. Feel really miffed for you. What did you pay the guy in the end?

Mariusz

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Silver 182 FF
That's terrible. You can tell viewing the pictures on my phone they are a different colour and that packaging is a disgrace :rage::angry::cry:

Paid for mine Friday so will just St gave to wait and see what I get :confused:

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  MX5 NC 2.0 Sport
Yes mine have overspray on the seals as well, seems to be a trend @ brembo.

@Sash i would be disappointed as well i i would get a set like that :dizzy:
Just give him a chance to get it solved and if he doesn't respond paypal dispute.
Paypal even cover the return costs nowadays :up:

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
17   0   0
  A Yellow One
Response from Jaszpol is that we have to take it up with UPS... Not sure this is correct procedure is it?

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  MX5 NC 2.0 Sport
I don't thinks that taking this up with UPS is going to work out at all.
You already signed for the package which normally means that you accept it in the state that it arrived (no physical damage).
This will release UPS from all the responsibility for the package, making this claim pretty much useless from the start (imho).

These have clearly not been properly packaged on or before they came your way.
We have two big hints here :
1. the red paint chips in the package -> proof that they have not been packaged properly
2. the overspray on the decal -> proof of a "creative" (possible last minute) solution BEFORE they where put in the box (Jaszpol).

QC from Brembo is not great but these would not have left the factory looking like this!

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  MX5 NC 2.0 Sport
If your referring to the normal 197/200 calipers, that has been asked dozens of times (give the search a go).
If you mean with the mk3 calipers, well im the only one running these. And even with 15mm spacers its very very close (my guess about 5mm of space).
And im using original (build for Renault) OZ F1 16" (ET 40).

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your referring to the normal 197/200 calipers, that has been asked dozens of times (give the search a go).
If you mean with the mk3 calipers, well im the only one running these. And even with 15mm spacers its very very close (my guess about 5mm of space).
And im using original (build for Renault) OZ F1 16" (ET 40).
I'll have a close look next weekend [emoji6]

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  MX5 NC 2.0 Sport
Got the Sunflower out of storage yesterday and gave it a quick blast to test the calipers and pads.
The mk3 ones work like a charm, nearly take up the entire 300mm disc which the "normal" :tonguewink: 197/225 calipers do not.

Unused disc with 197/225 calipers ~ 12mm
Unused disc with mk3 275 calipers ~ 3mm

Very very pleased with the upgrade :cool:
To bad that im not going to be the only one running these though ...... kidding:weary::grin:

Last edited:

Mariusz

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Silver 182 FF
Thanks for the pictures & info Smokey, looks a great setup :smile:

@Sash have you had any joy out of the seller in regards to your different coloured and damaged calipers?

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
Just out of total curiosity could some one who has a 225/197 caliper to hand please measure the mounting points? Looking for the total depth that the mounting bolt runs through so the measurement would be from the two machined surfaces.

Thanks

koi

Trader Rating - 100%
16   0   0
  Audi S1
Just out of total curiosity could some one who has a 225/197 caliper to hand please measure the mounting points? Looking for the total depth that the mounting bolt runs through so the measurement would be from the two machined surfaces.

Thanks
Did you get the measurements? Mine are next to me but my measuring skills are crap!

Mariusz

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Silver 182 FF
Mine have arrived, took around two weeks to get here. The packaging was a bit damaged, Postman Pat hasn't been gentle but the calipers look OK, some paint missing where it's chipped off, nothing major. Need to order some brackets and contact George off here for the price of discs, pads and braided lines :wink::cool:

Attachments

• IMG_20160405_171954.jpg
    IMG_20160405_171954.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_20160405_172107.jpg
    IMG_20160405_172107.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20160405_172259.jpg
    IMG_20160405_172259.jpg
    297.1 KB · Views: 29