ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

This needs replacing right?

Ph2 Flamer
Trying to eliminate some steering vagueness and having read a few threads i believe the inner arb bushes can cause problems. looks pretty perished to me - worth changing and will i notice a difference?

Also read the guide for changing the outers in the guide section as my o/s outer is a bit mangled. Same question really does it make much difference, the guide writer didn't seem to notice any but then his old ones don't look bad anyway?
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?629224-clio-172-front-ARB-bushes-(very-easy)
View attachment 93604

Ph2 Flamer
How do you know when they do need chainging? Is there a test, doesn't look easy to check play in tbh

Cup In bits
Inner or outer ARB bushes aren't going to give much steering vagueness unless they are missing really. They will give a knock/screech or some audible noise when fecked and obviously excess play.

Clio Trophy 463
Get a big hairy screwdriver between then bar and chassis and see if you can move the bar. If the movement is excessive then its knackered but tbh they look ok. ARB bushes start looking too big for the bar when they have given up. For vagueness check tracking then track rods/rack mounts.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Shouldnt really effect steering, its not like on say a cosworth where it also functions to control the bottom arm movement forwards and back, its pretty much "just" an ARB on the clio.

So I doubt that will be the cause of your issues

Ph2 Flamer
Nice one both, ball joints and tre's going on tomorrow along with a PMS solid top mount and strut brace I should have fitted ages ago.