ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thought I'd share....

Renault Clio 172
We already have 9" long, and need helpers. the car can go down another 30mm, but not with the existing springs and helpers.

Renault Clio 172
Fantastic read. I am dreaming of doing the same with my clio and racing alongside you guys. At the moment my car is still in the stripping stages.
Hi, why don't you come down and see us all at Silverstone, on the 5th of March. It's our Launch day. You can book your car in for a track day too.

If you are serious about it, one of the racers lives in Carlisle, and Hes a vast amount of knowledge. No idea how to link people on here, but he's called Russ Rally on here.

Hi, why don't you come down and see us all at Silverstone, on the 5th of March. It's our Launch day. You can book your car in for a track day too.

If you are serious about it, one of the racers lives in Carlisle, and Hes a vast amount of knowledge. No idea how to link people on here, but he's called Russ Rally on here.

Thanks for the information.
I am away working offshore on the 5th March or I would have been up for that. I have been speaking with Russ and my exhaust was fitted at the workshop he does his car at too so although we have never met we have a few friends in common. Early days yet as I have only had my car for a few weeks and money is tight at the moment.

Renault Clio 172
Not much of an update, but just found out that the engine rebuild is ready to go back in the car. So, I'm taking it over to RS tuning on Friday/Monday, for it to be refitted. Should also be putting the new ECU in and mapping it.

I just took delivery of this little beauty, which is getting fitted in to box on Friday, before I take the car over.

IMG_5313_zpsx7oifrty.jpg

Looks like a reasonably straight forward fit. a bit of machining to fit a couple of ball bearings, to hold it in place.

2 test days booked too, 3rd and 7th of March. 3rd at Blyton Park, and 7th at Rockingham for the Season Launch. Should get one in for the last week in Feb too, but struggling for time!

Once the engines back in, I'll put some more info on, of the changes I've made.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
The crownwheel is also glued on with some special stuff when Quaife fit the crownwheel for you mate.

They usually do that as part of the price? Or at least they do when I've supplied them.

Renault Clio 172
Been a while since I updated, so thought I'd just give a quick one.

Engines out and being worked on by RS Tuning in Leeds. Dragged on a bit for one reason or another, but should be getting it back, in the car, on Wednesday.

We got the crown wheel fitted to the Quaife LSD, and got it back this morning

image.jpg1_zpsf0m6lhff.jpg

A few mods to the engine too....

We went for Titan Throttle Bodies in the end, which are fitted, and will be sorted properly when the engines in, with the new loom and ECU. Also having all the electrics move in to the front, out of the bay.

Catcams 423 cams, wosser high comp 83mm Pistons, manley rods, supertech valves and double springs.

Should be a bit quicker:)

I've also got a Dash2 to fit, which should be good. And obviously the camera to fit, as there will be some spins!!

Engines going in on Monday, and being mapped on Tuesday. I'm going to spend the day there, as I've never seen it done and love to learn!

Then the car will come back to our garage, to change the springs and lower it about 20mm. Also got @Ant_Smiggy coming in to help with the set up!

Hopefully it will all be ready for the first track day of the year, at Rockingham on Saturday. It's the season launch and press day for TARC and most of the Tricolore Trophy guys are there, so I'll get to see how it runs with the pack!

Excellent going mate, cant wait to see how this goes now, surprised you haven't got the box sorted yet? Knew you should have bought mine ;) however in hindsight I never sold it in the end.

I wont be at launch day, car will no way be ready, but will be at the season opener at Rock in April.

Renault Clio 172
A good days progress.

Firstly, we had a quick tidy up of the engine bay. It wasn't actually in a bad way, just a spring clean really.

image.jpg1_zpspqrrpzux.jpg

Then, we fit a heat shield for the break pipes.

image.jpg2_zps9uyesqza.jpg

Then get the engine in! Went in nice and easily, and the PMS engine mounts are an awesome bit of kit! I know I've not driven with them on, but they just fit perfect and incredibly solid!

image.jpg3_zpsui4lpouc.jpg

Still plenty to do. A new engine loom is going in at the moment, ready for the new ECU and map. Also moved the bulk of the electrics through to the front, to keep them away from water, and allow easier access.

I was suprised by how much of the the old loom that we cut out! If I estimated, I'd say about 60% has gone! It really does make these things look a lot less complicated when there are less wires!

After today, I feel confident that it'll be ready for Saturday's Tricolore Trophy Launch day. Won't be running at full pelt, as the fresh engine needs a bit of a run in. It'll have a couple of hours on the Dyno, as I obviously can't take it on the roads!

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
I've just fitted the PMS mounts to my clio, haven't torqued the bolts up yet but it's a quality bit of kit.
Cars coming in nicely.

Renault Clio 172
I've just fitted the PMS mounts to my clio, haven't torqued the bolts up yet but it's a quality bit of kit.
Cars coming in nicely.
I was impressed with the bottom bracket, it's a hell of a lot stronger than the Powerflex one that's available (which I'll be flogging soon:))

Renault Clio 172
A great weekend in the car.

Firstly, got the car back from RS, all finished and ready to go. We limited it to 6000 rpm, as it'd only had an hour or so on the dyno, to get a bit more running in done at Rockingham.

The Titan Bodies, look the dogs! I feel you lose so of the look with the filter on, but the carbon really does make the engine look good!

image.jpg1_zpslk9giz2t.jpg

We got the car back to our garage, got the springs changed, and fitted the spare seat, ready for some track fun!

image.jpg2_zpsrzaozdyv.jpg

I must say, I think the car looks really good!

Set off to Rockingham, ready for the season launch. Up and ready nice and early. Had a load of help off @Ant_Smiggy (thanks pal, appreciate it). And ready for the first section. Out on the International circuit (I think that's what they call it), and I must say, I felt really disappointed with the results!! Struggled with power big time! The power didn't kick in until we got to 4000 revs, but as we had it limited at 6000, there seamed to be nothing there!

After a couple of sessions, we did an oil change and started speeding it up. The car gradually got faster and faster. Not sure if it was me getting used to the track, or the engine, but it improved no end!

It's back at RS for a full Map on Tuesday, hopefully to sort the lack of Torque!

I know it's early days, but I think this car is going to be a good one!

Anyway, in the afternoon they changed the track around, and it was much better! Hope that's what they use for our first race on the 11th!

A couple of videos, morning first, afternoon second:

Russ Rallye

ClioSport Club Member
It'll be a different car once it's mapped and let off its leash mate, just sounded like it was coming on song and you had to change gear yesterday. Appreciate the ride out for the father in law too.
Russ

Renault Clio 172
It'll be a different car once it's mapped and let off its leash mate, just sounded like it was coming on song and you had to change gear yesterday. Appreciate the ride out for the father in law too.
Russ
Hi Russ, it was no problem, always glad to help. Glad I didn't scare him too much:)