ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

throttle body trumpets

Clio's
What are the advantages of using trupets on thrrttle bodies? soes the legnth of the trupets affect torque and power?

Clio's
and what would the bad effect be? a reduction of air flow due to the legnth causing the air flow speed to decrease?

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
You'd get to a point where you'd be restricted by the space available i.e you still want there to be decent amount of air available.

Check out the size of the bodies on bic's latest Longman engine...crazy lol.

2005 Nissan Navara
They are there to reduce losses through pressure change as the air enters the inlet. they also aid pulse effect.
longer= more torque lower down and higher power at a lower peak rpm,
Conversely for shorter, they will aid power at higher rpm.

Main limitation is space, generally you want to get as long as poss, hence why the shorter rad is ideal on the clio ITB installs.

williams and trophy
and for better all round performance, go for stand off injectors, thes will also aid in top end power/torque. switch from injectors closer to head for low end, once up n runnin at a decent speed, fade closer injectors out and switch to stand offs. ;)

surprised no ones already tried it on here tbh.

2005 Nissan Navara
I dont think anyone is really revving high enough lol

Set them up on a couple of other cars, but not clios.

My williams has got them, but not mapped yet,.,.