ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Throttle Pedal Querie

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Hi guys…
May be a simple solution but thought I’d ask before I act….

I’ve got a plastic throttle pedal fitted in the track car… unsure as to why but never mind.

I have 2 spare original metal pedals and wondered if it was a case that I could just remove the entire pedal shaft which connects to the assembly and replace it with an original?

Only difference I can see is the fixing that connects it to the housing. (See images below)

IMG_0411.jpegIMG_0412.jpeg

Original:

IMG_0413.jpeg

My other idea was just to remove the pedal from the shaft on the original and re- weld onto the new shaft.

Ideas?

There doesn’t seem as much travel in the original compared to the new so didn’t want to mess anything up with a sensor or something silly?

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Swap full pedal and mech over.
The guy who had the car before said there was an intermittent fault with the entire oedal housing. He swapped it to another second hand pedal and the problem remained.
Checked throttle body, wiring, EXU etc and the only thing that cured it was a cheaper pedal. Only issue that gives me now is the crap plastic pedal.

I’m willing to put the entire pedal back on but with it so close to track day I don’t want the fault coming back just yet.

Attachments

• IMG_0414.jpeg
    IMG_0414.jpeg
    106.1 KB · Views: 31

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
So I didn’t opt to remove the entire pedal arm however removed the plate from and old assembly and refixed.

Worked out pretty well to be fair.

Now just got to remove sound deadening and bits of glue 😬

33C0979C-A2B0-4907-B482-D62845C9BBC3.jpeg