ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

thumb grips ripped... replace?

clio 172, pulsar, evo
hey guys.

just got a clio 172. its very well looked after and is in very good shape. the only problem with it was the right had side thumb grip has been ripped out. i imagine it became worn and annoying for the last owner so got ripped out.
it doesnt actually annoy me but i was just wonndering if you can buy new rubber inserts for them to glue in or if its a new wheel job?
i see its a common fault for them to wear.

cheers guys

clio 172, pulsar, evo
nice!
so they are replaceable then.

if this carbon fibered streering grip clio driver could reveal himself i would be most greatful :star:

ibiza cupra
ive had a go at doing my own fibre glass ones, should have the guide up soon.

Last edited:
  clio 172, pulsar, evo
nice! i would like to sort mine out soon. it looks terrible. the drivers side one is totally off!:dead:

Megane 230 R26
My RH one is literally coming peeled away a little bit but is otherwise fine... What sort of glue would people recommend to re-fix it with? Just plain old Superglue as it's rubber fixing to plastic, or something else?

Cheers :)

ibiza cupra
id use either a two pack glue or a bond like sikaflex or tiger seal. or you could use windscreen bond. wont come away then.