ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ticking headlight

turbo 182
When the car is started there is a ticking sound coming from engine bay on passengers side.

i think I've located it to the adjustor motor as the unit on the back if the headlight is vibrating, will
the motor be goosed?

Just to add while the adjustor motor is clicking the headlight doesn't move up or down.

Thanks

The automatic level adjustment on the headlight has popped out of the headlight and it skipping making a ticking noise.

2 ways the fix it

1. unplug the adjustment cable (light still works but you will have to manually align the light (drive up to wall and check)

2. bumper off >headlight off > take adjustment motor apart to get the ball on a stick peice then reattach the ball and cup arrangement inside the headlight (fiddly) rebuild the adjustment motor. put it all back together. Took 2hours ish
it is possable to do without taking bumper and headlight out but you need tiny hands and patients.

turbo 182
Think ill just unplug it if its fine to do so, I've had the adjuster stick come off before and the actually headlight ball joint and it was a total pain! Thanks for the replies