ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ticking noice

right i first heard this a little while ago but since all this cold weather started i hadnt noticed it as the windows are done up. was driving around today and for once had the window open and there is this bloody ticking noice coming from one of the wheels (well think so, sounds like the front driverside). just a constant ticking thats the only way i can describe it, the faster i go the quicker the tick gets. has anyone got any idea what this is cos its so annoying.

Clio 1.6 16V

Check that you dont have a stone trapped in your tyre tread or worse still can be a wheel bearing on the way out! Take it the ticking get faster with speed? Could also be something in the transmission/brakes. Does the ticking get louder when sharply tuning right ot left?

clio 20v

probably a stone or maybe a nail in the tyre thats the first thing id check

my mates got a gravel driveway an evrytime i go round i get loads of stones in me tyres pisses me right off they normally come out after a while though so maybe a nail

yeah i had it b4 with my old wheels on the put new ones on and its still their, will have a look tongith though. yeah the faster i go the quicker the tick gets. no it doesnt get louder when turning or breakign or anything liek that. cheers