ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Time to say goodbye to my cup

clio 172 cup
The time has arrived to say goodbye to my much loved Clio sport 172cup
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345910781.344678.jpg

I've had so much fun driving and working on this fantastic little car!!

But I've always wanted a turbo charged car and decided to purchase myself a Astra coupe turbo
She has 300bhp and 389ftb Tourque
Already spent a fortune
engine upgrades
Duplex exhaust system
Interior work
Etc etc

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345911060.531124.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345910881.981559.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345910899.875434.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345910915.631266.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345910943.258995.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345911097.273704.jpg

What do u think guys??

Turbos.
Quad exhausts...brembo stickers...mud flaps?

Someone should devise a BTEC qualification for the basics on modifying a car. Then they could roll you out as a little case study on how not to do it. When its over, you get a little dunce's hat and sit in the corner.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Quad exhausts...brembo stickers...mud flaps?

Someone should devise a BTEC qualification for the basics on modifying a car. Then they could roll you out as a little case study on how not to do it. When its over, you get a little dunce's hat and sit in the corner.

I don't usually agree with anything ^ he says but I do on this occasion.

What were you thinking?! The only people that know what brembo's are will know they are not brembo's. The people that don't know what Brembo's are will not be impressed. So what are you trying to achieve??!

And those exhausts are horrific. So so bad.

I liked your Cup though. Much more discreet.

clio 172 cup
Ouch not the reaction I was looking for a completely different story on vauxhall forums!

I suspect a very biased forum ah well each to there own!!

I still thrash you all in a race though haha

It just looks like it's trying too hard for me really.

And I'd be surprised if you thrashed a RS Clio tbh. Quicker probably, but not thrash worthy.

I have no real opinion of the car that's worth posting, but lol at the brakes.

I bet it's pretty quick though.

Last edited:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I particularly like the paint running down the caliper. Gives a good look.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
If it wasnt for the runs then maybe he would have had enough paint to paint the complete caliper??

Clio 172
You've made its worse for your self with your cocky replies, that never ends well.

Overall, car is alright, has potential. Exhausts are to brash (would look better if they sat "in the bumper, opposed to under it"), and the callipers are in your face, never mind the brembo stickers.

Question to anyone "in the know", what's the point in dual air filters?

EDIT: just noticed the bonnet. PLEASE get them washers out, looks like its been crashed

182 trophy
Not a fan of those wired air filters or the stickers on the brake calipers. But I do really like the car, looks really smart an bet it goes well, I'd imagine it would totally destroy a clio with that power...

Mk2 Ph2 172
f**k the egg sauce off and put the bonnet right...paint the calipers black and you have yourself a nice looking car....

I just hate vauxhalls good engines tho ;)

Those filters are pretty good for sucking in air but they like sucking in water too so watch out for big puddles

Black 182 FF
If I was still 9 I'd probably like the astra. And i've had my share of vauxhalls and especially cav Sri's, I'm not bias against any marque but seriously - less is more.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Ouch not the reaction I was looking for a completely different story on vauxhall forums!

I suspect a very biased forum ah well each to there own!!

I still thrash you all in a race though haha

If you removed the rear mudflaps at least, removed the stupid brembo stickers, put the bonnet back to normal, put a decent exhaust on it... Basically left it the fcuk alone, Then it would be nice!

Astra Coupes (despite handling like a 40ft Yacht) are very nice to drive and still look quite smart nowadays.

I went the other way 05 coupe to a 2000 172 although mine was not a turbo. Car would look good once that bonnet has been sorted and calipers done black not a fan of exhaust either but seen far worse.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
OEM+ is the way forward.

That is currently very much OEM-.

I like the look of these, it's the right colour and the wheels/stance look good.

Brakes need painting black, bonnet needs fixing and if it were mine, the exhaust would be getting sorted out for something nice and subtle.

Judging by those figures, you've got some poke there... The element of surprise is much better when they're not expecting it ;)

Trophy #490
Hmm. Not keen on the exhaust! I drove an 888 Coupe a few months back on the 2012 Astra VXR launch and was quite impressed. Its ride was far too crashy though!