ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

timing belt change due

RenaultSport clio 17
hi all
my 172 is due for a timing belt change.
i had a price of renault in bridgend south wales for £733 is there anywhere in south wales cheaper if anyone?????
i dont fancy paying that to them

cheers
ps is there any other belts that need changing at the same time?

172 Race Car
aux belt and pulleys will need doing too. not sure where would be best for you to go but that is way too much to pay

Renaultsport Clio 182 ff
hi all
my 172 is due for a timing belt change.
i had a price of renault in bridgend south wales for £733 is there anywhere in south wales cheaper if anyone?????
i dont fancy paying that to them

cheers
ps is there any other belts that need changing at the same time?

have a detailed look through the threads, sure someone on here will help you...
Aux belt @ 36,000miles

Renaultsport Clio 182 ff
Aux belt gets changed with cam belt. and both should be brought as a kit with idlers and tensioners

is that correct that aux belt @ 36,000 miles or 3 years

and cambelt @ 72,000miles or 3 years....
so if your car only done 36,000 surely you would not change the cambelt?

RenaultSport clio 17
hi all the car is on 51000 miles so i think i need both changed.
but where is a good and cheap place

cheers

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
Aux belt gets changed with cam belt. and both should be brought as a kit with idlers and tensioners

is that correct that aux belt @ 36,000 miles or 3 years

and cambelt @ 72,000miles or 3 years....
so if your car only done 36,000 surely you would not change the cambelt?

Nope 36k or 5 years of aux belt and cambelt is 72k or 5 years.
you need to take aux belt off to do the cam belt. any belt cant be refitted after use. so if he serviceing is being done on age you can change both at 5 yrs providing it doesnt go over 36k. if its being done on mileage so say 15k per year would you change the aux belt at 36k but leave the cambelt

ph2 172 ff
i need mine doing also my car has done 51 k have been quoted for the cam belt £800 anyone know where i can get it done cheaper?

Black 172 FF
I just did it myself as quotes were stupid!

Ps my car had only done 26k at the time but 5 years old!

ph2 172 ff
well im (sorry for hijacking) in the midlands and the 800 was for the cambelt but surely i can get it cheaper???

RenaultSport clio 17
does anyone have the manuals for changing the belts i got some idea on the job in hand.
pls