ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Timps' Fiesta ST

BMW E46 330ci Sport
LOL, you remind me of my mate when he first started driving, he used to go on about all the cars he destroyed at the lights (in his 1.2 punto), all of them completely oblivious to the fact they were in a race.

Great car, and best colour IMO, I'm seriously considering getting one next year.

Ha. When I said I don't think he knew we were racing, that should be read as he definitely didn't know we were racing. He looked too much like a discerning gentleman to be be dragging from speed cameras. I was just excited as it was the first ST I'd seen. Also he was 100% winning on mpgs.

Roads closed pizza boy, find another way home.

E92 325D
Well id consider a Focus RS as hardly a common sight on the roads, and with the 197 figures being so low in comparison its no wonder you dont see any around and you consider it "rare"

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The FRS is sort of a common sight. It's far from rare.

The point being a normal hot hatch like the Fiesta ST is not going to be selling to the levels like a 1.25.

E92 325D
The FRS is sort of a common sight. It's far from rare.

The point being a normal hot hatch like the Fiesta ST is not going to be selling to the levels like a 1.25.

Of course not.

Ive only seen one.

In blue. Looked real nice. Menacing from the front. Promptly overtook me. I couldnt be bothered to drop 3 gears to try and keep with him

Very nice motor, those pics do the colour absolutely no justice mind! My mate's Mrs' one:

971997_538389006196880_1538825932_n.jpg

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Have they brought a mountune pack out yet?

It's on its way. Rumour has it that Ford haven't signed it off yet due to under-bonnet temperatures (cooling was always the big issue with development of the 1.6 litre EcoBoost lump).

Figures being talked about for Mountune are 210bhp with overboost to 240bhp. Carrying 1,150 kgs and with a full warranty intact. Lovely.

Clio 182
My local ford dealer had a red st in and i wasn’t much of a fan. but i do have to say this looks so much better. very nice motor mate.

Matt

RB Clio 182
It's on its way. Rumour has it that Ford haven't signed it off yet due to under-bonnet temperatures (cooling was always the big issue with development of the 1.6 litre EcoBoost lump).

Figures being talked about for Mountune are 210bhp with overboost to 240bhp. Carrying 1,150 kgs and with a full warranty intact. Lovely.

Sounds good mate :)

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
LOL what do they know?! 1,650 miles on mine now, 130 miles into this latest tankful and I have an average for the tank showing of 50.7 mpg.

It's coming to life as the miles pile on :approve:

I have a mate on Facebook who was telling me about it, didn't realise he was part of the dev team on these engines.

obviously sorted the speconomy out then, 50mpg is impressive!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
LOL what do they know?! 1,650 miles on mine now, 130 miles into this latest tankful and I have an average for the tank showing of 50.7 mpg.

It's coming to life as the miles pile on :approve:

Jesus H. Even if you were driving like a granny that is utterly mental!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Jesus H. Even if you were driving like a granny that is utterly mental!

I'm driving it in a way that would see 38-40 mpg in my 200. Still keeping up with traffic, but being considered with my acceleration and coming off the throttle way before I reach junctions to minimise braking.

I think with a few k more miles and a bit more learning of how the engine works best 52, maybe 53 mpg will be within reach.

F*** driving like that all the time though...I'm not sure how long I'll last on this tank before I put my foot right down again!

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I'm driving it in a way that would see 38-40 mpg in my 200. Still keeping up with traffic, but being considered with my acceleration and coming off the throttle way before I reach junctions to minimise braking.

I think with a few k more miles and a bit more learning of how the engine works best 52, maybe 53 mpg will be within reach.

F*** driving like that all the time though...I'm not sure how long I'll last on this tank before I put my foot right down again!

£10 says it will only last another few miles!

i do it myself, promise to be good then all of a sudden you get a nice note on the symposer and your right foot gets uncontrollably heavy

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Of course not but shows when pressing on it's not going be doing 10mpg like a 200 would probably do round track.

No one drives at warp-speed everywhere mate. Real everyday driving could see 40 easily.

182 track, Mk7 ST
one like this really is tempting me out of the 182. Must...resist...

​may see how much it is with a ford ticket ;)

Absolutely love these and that pic really sells the colour! Mountune kits not likely to be releasing that much power and torque due to what various components can take sadly but we'll have to wait and see!

Very very cheap if you go to the right dealer Chris ;) My blue ones due September 1st though so a bit of a wait :( hey ho, that engine I got from you is actually going in the car this weekend at long last lol so I'll have that to play in until it's delivered!

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
If I was buying a new car this is exactly what id be buying. Looks :cool: great colour too .

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
Absolutely love these and that pic really sells the colour! Mountune kits not likely to be releasing that much power and torque due to what various components can take sadly but we'll have to wait and see!

Very very cheap if you go to the right dealer Chris ;) My blue ones due September 1st though so a bit of a wait :( hey ho, that engine I got from you is actually going in the car this weekend at long last lol so I'll have that to play in until it's delivered!

Grant didn realise you ordered one, PM me a cheeky price if you don't mind! ;) have you driven one yet?
blimey thought the engine was put in ages ago!
​Chris

Fiesta ST
Thanks for the comments guys

In the limited mileage I've done I can already say that the car is great to drive and I haven't found any little niggles as of yet.

JCC - thanks for sharing that pic, the car looks great and it really shows off the colour well

TT 225+
Saw one of these today on the m1 in blue. Stunning colour, and great choice. I'd have one but I couldn't live with forecourt depreciation! Lol,Maybe a couple of years time.

Fiesta ST
So im up to 800 mile now and im still loving it just as much as the day i picked it up, maybe even more as im learning how the car drives etc.

I took my first long journey on thursday which was a 450 mile round trip to thorpe park just outside London. The car is just superb on the motorway, so comfortable throughout the whole journey with effortless cruising and overtaking, averaging 50mpg throughout. Unfortunately as i was nearing junction 10 on the M1 a stone flicked up from the car infront and hit the windscreen on the passenger side top corner, this left a small chip that overnight grew in to a rather large crack

IMG_1451.jpg

It was just one of them things you cant do anything about and cant plan for, the screen is getting replaced on thursday (earliest appointment :() so all is good.

So after a good few days down in London i came home to my new number plates that will be going on when i get chance to head over to the DVLA. Up until now they have been sat on retention since i bought them in December 2010. My first initial is C and..well..the rest is kind of obvious :)

IMG_1452.jpg

Hope you like the car, and if your thinking about getting one i would definitely recommend. Thanks for looking

Ph2 172
So im up to 800 mile now and im still loving it just as much as the day i picked it up, maybe even more as im learning how the car drives etc.

I took my first long journey on thursday which was a 450 mile round trip to thorpe park just outside London. The car is just superb on the motorway, so comfortable throughout the whole journey with effortless cruising and overtaking, averaging 50mpg throughout. Unfortunately as i was nearing junction 10 on the M1 a stone flicked up from the car infront and hit the windscreen on the passenger side top corner, this left a small chip that overnight grew in to a rather large crack

IMG_1451.jpg

It was just one of them things you cant do anything about and cant plan for, the screen is getting replaced on thursday (earliest appointment :() so all is good.

So after a good few days down in London i came home to my new number plates that will be going on when i get chance to head over to the DVLA. Up until now they have been sat on retention since i bought them in December 2010. My first initial is C and..well..the rest is kind of obvious :)

IMG_1452.jpg

Hope you like the car, and if your thinking about getting one i would definitely recommend. Thanks for looking

What a PITA about the windscreen!

These seem like an awesome car, very seriously considering one when I return to the UK.