ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tips for selling my car

V6 255 (Illiad Blue)
Hi

Im looking for a few tips for selling my 172, Ive took out a free ad on Piston heads, thought there were so many premium and dealer ads on renaultsports there that if anyone was serious about buying one they would look through the majority of the ones on there.

Ive got a print out on the actually car and a auto trader ad coming next week. Any one whos successfully sold one recently got any tips on her getting noticed?

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers

172mk2 - flame
ebay.... heard nothing from trader and PH for mine!! ebay got me 100's of views and 10s of phonecalls!

The transaction doesnt have to take place through ebay... just a good way to get noticed.

Have a glance on prices on Ebay/PistonHeads and see what others are selling there's for and price it between those prices. If it's to high people will just avoid it, if it's to low people will think there's something wrong with it or it's just a scam.

Get some good pics of the car when it's just been cleaned. Do not take pics of it in the dark :rolleyes:(why on earth folk do that is beyond me)
Write down about what the car comes with & service history etc, put down the mileage - in general no miles listed = a lot of miles.
Do not say that your selling for something more economical etc as folk will think that the car costs a bomb to run.

Put the detail down, but leave it so that whoever calls you has to ask questions, whenever I write ad's out - the first person to call always asks maybe a few questions, then asks when they can see the car.

If you want to advertise on here, you will need to join up (£10 per year inc members pack etc)

A decent ad can work wonders.

Include as many pictures as you can to show the condition of the car and be as thorough as you can when writing the ad.

I put my car up on pistonheads on Monday, got a call from a lady Friday who came to see the car the same day and bought it on the spot.

EBAY!!

iv just sold my golf, i had about 10 calls from people who saw it on ebay, and only 1 from autotrader, which cost me a hell of alot more!

i sold it to a guy who saw it on ebay, i just put a buy it now price as i didnt want people bidding, i did the exact same with my first clio too

edit:just saw you already have an add on ebay, more pics needed..they are all free!!

Clio 2.0 172
Do you have to be so far away from me? :(
I woulda probably bought it. Duno if I could face another 800 mile round trip for a car

Clio 2.0 172
Good job I'm meanin the car that the thread maker is advertising then isn't it :rasp: haha

I want it :(

V6 255 (Illiad Blue)
Im going to add a few more pics as advised, an interior shot & a side on

Thanks for the advice, much appreciated

Mini Cooper S sport
I sold my 182 through Cliosport, and quite quickly too. Just make sure you have lots of good pictures and that your ad is accurate.

Nothing will annoy a buyer more than if a car's described as 'mint' when it's got scratches and dents, however small.