ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Titan ITB's

Clio 200
Anyone know anything about these, mainly are they for the F4R730 or F4R830, and what size etc they are?

F4R1.jpg

Cheers

Clio 200
Looks like it's mk2 as been looking at pics of the flanges online and the mk2 has 5 moutings on the top likes this does, where as the mk3 has only 3 moutings.
Can't see the lower mounts but between the mk2 and mk3 are completely different.

Really not convinced by AT's so was hoping these could have been a bolt on simple job.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Titan do make itbs for the 197 mate. There's a bloke on 197.net that can supply them I think. Can't think of his username though.
They're only a 45mm butterfly though from memory.

Clio 200
Ah ok, I'll follow it up cheers. Though the place (Cazan) on 197.net has now ceased tradiing.
45mm butterflys are probably ok given how close to the port they look to be situated. As long as the inlet tract maintains a decent taper (Jenvey use 4.5deg) that won't be an issue.

-Opening this thread out to a generic ITB topic, what size are people using on their mk2's?

If I use Jenvey I think I'm basically 99% sold on using the 51mm Taper body (51mm->48mm butterfly->45mm exit I believe it is). Got a couple of ways of doing it, que awesome paint drawing! lol

itbs-300x254.jpg

So opiton A is using 51x90mm taper trumpets, 51mm taper body, manifold made to suit. For filteration the stepped grp backplace (50mm deep) and 65mm px filter. Gives 115mm interior room so perfectly houses the 90mm trumpet - same setup I had on my 106.

However I've thought recently it might be best to copy the design ideas of Sandy Brown and also SBD, who both seem to favour using longer inlet manifolds and shorter trumpets.

So option B has 51x19mm trumpets, same 51mm taper bodies and obvioulsy a longer manifold. Filter would be usual metal back plate and a slim px or ITG dome filter.
aka..... a copy of SBD's Dureatc setup.

TP-DURA-2L-K3-on-display-engine.gif

Interested to hear peoples thoughts. I'm def months away from buying ITB's though, still investigating ECU's.

we use the sbd setup on are own fiesta st track car, and there a cracking setup we are making decent power from them on a standard bottom end plus a set of different cams we made 217bhp and 170lbs, considering the fiesta is only 150ish bhp oem it was a good gain. The throttle response is still very good and moving the injectors further and the positioning up also helped mixture control and throttle response.

Clio 200
Cool, just found some pics on PassionFord which is probably yours so will have a ganders. Do you remember what depth the filter is? - Is it the one with 75mm internal room on SBD's site?
Def no room for that in the mk3 bay, but I'm struggling to find a big enough filter without going too big. The shallow 40mm internal ITG would leave 21mm to the trumpets - so enough, but would have prefered a bit more.

Might end up doing a compromise between the A & B options above, have a middle length manifold and 40mm trumpets.

It's a shallow filter but I only run small trumpets, I'm hoping to get some time over the weekend to work on my own car so will have a look.