ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tom’s 55 ‘RB 182’

RB Clio 182
Glad you have ended up happy with this mate after all the hassle stress and expense with the artic you deserve it after all that s**t !
Im like a kid at xmas mate, its nice not having the worry of it blowing up everytime you drive it, which is making it a much more fun and pleasurable experience, the arctic made me sad tbh, a quick money pit.

RB Clio 182
Ps3’s fitted today, it just needs some lows now, over speed bumps the rear catches slightly now, so if its bad when its lowered ill swap the rear 20mm spacers for some 10/15mm ones.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Neither do (most) turbo clios, unless you consider full boost at 2700 rpm to be laggy.

There isn’t a turbo car in the world that doesn’t have lag. You do not put your foot on the throttle and instantly get full power, unless you have proper anti lag.

You’re talking about boost threshold. P.s I make full boost from 2000rpm :tongueout:

182 Turbo
What turbo you running?

The Chinese t25/t28 hybrid unit that engine dynamics kits run and before that a garret gt25 from a focus rs mk1 both small turbos both max out at around 300 bhp on the clios

There isn’t a turbo car in the world that doesn’t have lag. You do not put your foot on the throttle and instantly get full power, unless you have proper anti lag.

You’re talking about boost threshold. P.s I make full boost from 2000rpm :tongueout:

I just dont think turbo lag on a clio is relevant and dont agree that it ''ruins'' or takes away the ''go kart'' feel of a clio.
it takes milliseconds for a t25 size turbo to spool 10-15 psi of boost which is why many people say boosted clios dont even feel turbod they just feel like a very strong n/a

RB Clio 182
So @Bunta came round to ours today to fit my cooksports because im s**t, im over the moon with them, the drop is perfect i really love it, im yet to take it for a proper drive, but from the quick test i had i had no scraping with the 20mm spacers all round.

D20ED951-38C6-4F26-969E-24E42C0F1FFE.jpeg
A7DFE6B1-DB5A-4730-AC55-5BF5F0D96710.jpeg
1BD5A6AE-C308-48A2-A9E0-7797B10BF86C.jpeg
E78FA647-58F1-4AC5-84E0-E39F139795AD.jpeg

RB Clio 182
So i tested the springs out earlier and i have to say im really impressed with them, they soak humps and bumps up beautifully.

The ride actually feels same if not better than the standard cup springs but the cooksports have less roll, im proper impressed with them, they are a really great all round spring, and they are also comfy enough to use daily.

These couples with the ‘now scrubbed in ps3’s’ make for some fun fast roading!

Thumbs up from plums.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Such a great colour. Changes under different light too.

Had mine over two years now, must be doing something right.

Looks ace tom.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Today i gave the rb a wash and seal, sealed the wheels and hoovered and cleaned the mats, applied leather treatment to the seats and cleaned the interior and glass, its a good one, its in better condition than my arctic and that was very nice!

Im over the moon with it!

View attachment 1352215 View attachment 1352216 View attachment 1352217 View attachment 1352218 View attachment 1352219 View attachment 1352220 View attachment 1352221 View attachment 1352222 View attachment 1352223 View attachment 1352224
That is minty mint Tom!