ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tom Tom Navigation

Which tom tom is best to go for? around £200.. or is there any other manufacturers which are worth looking at? anyone had any experience?

ph1 172 / r1 mini project
ive not tried any other sat navs but i bought a cheap garmin (130ish) which has never let me down. its not as tho i use it alot to be honnest tho so id poss find lots of faults with it in every day use.....

A red missile
Well theres this one, its the original version of the tom tom one

http://www.satnav2u.com/products/details.cfm?Product=1N00.160

Or comet are doing the newer version for about £200, the new one is just a tiny bit smaller and works a bit different, same basic setup though. I've had the one for about 8 months now and like Dave says, you dont use them every day but when you are going somewhere you've never been they're worth their weight in gold.

The speed camera database is worth having as well, good for avoiding those pesky accident blackspots ;)

BMW M3
^^^ I thought that link there shows the new 'One'. Its the V2 isnt it?

Ive just bought a tomtom one v2 and its brilliant. Bought it a day before driving from edinburgh to the excel center in london, but going via Whitchurch (south of manchester) so there was quite a bit of countryside and town driving, plus M way. Never put a foot wrong and has some great additional features.

The one in the link is the new one but with just the UK & Ireland mapping. I think its cheaper to just by the uk version and then download what ever maps you need abroad.

Mk1 1.4RT
I've been using TomTom on PocketPC for a few years now, it is indeed very good. However I've just purchased MioMap v3 and I really like it, has a few features i think are missing from TomTom. ie optimising the route between multiple destinations and better speed camera warning system. They both have their ups and downs though.

Tis about time that TeleAtlas (the company that produce the maps for both TomTom and Mio) got the maps upto date though. God knows how long ago that b*****d roundabout near North Harbour Tesco was removed and I can't drive down the bus lane towards the Bargate in Southampton!! God knows how many times I've been told to drive the wrong way down a one way too.

I'm sure these things will all be sorted in the days when SatNav is adaptive and all our cars communicate with each other. :dead:

PS. Sorry for going slightly off topic :p

RB 182 with CUP packs
I bought a Tom Tom One V2 just after Xmas from Halfords for £159.99.

Great bit of kit. Got me to my cousin's in Northampton without a hitch.

A friend has already sent me the up-2-date speed camera database which I'll be uploading this week.

Also put the Starbucks database on there too.

LY V6 with Recaros
I got my tom tom one for £159.99 in the sale in Halfords too, seems to be good, although I've not really had the need to use it properly yet. It's easy to use though, can just go straight into any car, no need to fit any of the extra bits, which is what I wanted, and works with the uv windscreen.

Cupped Meg 225 Lux
I got my tom tom one for £159.99 in the sale in Halfords too, seems to be good, although I've not really had the need to use it properly yet. It's easy to use though, can just go straight into any car, no need to fit any of the extra bits, which is what I wanted, and works with the uv windscreen.

Halfrauds after Xmas for me too. Used twice and was spot on for both. Have kept my Origin b2 for cameras though, means that the Sat Nav isn't always in the car.

One thing to note is that the screen mount is a bit cack, dropped off whilst driving both times, maybe I need to dribble on the sucker thing a bit more :eek: Does anyone know of a good vent mount for the TT One v2?.

Tom tom is good but prone to crashing. I got the Garmin Nuvi 300 for christmas, which is just under £200 from amazon.

02 clio 1.2 Authentique
TomTom has got to be the class leader with SatNav, but dont discount a few others for sub £200.

Garmin have been refining their products for ages and are worth a look, route finding and the essentials are just as good as TomTom's. The Garmin Streetpilot i think you can pick up for about £100 these days. If you're not all that fussed about the name, the AA have just bought out a sat nav unit with (i believe) free traffic alert updates and speed camera locations, the unit is much the same as the TomTom one v2, and cost sub £150.

But i guess if you'll settle for nothing but the best go for the TomTom.

RB 182
Ive got the TomTom One V2, bought it off a mates g/f when it was brand new (she got it with her phone) for £150

Seems good, only used it once but am starting a new job with a 40 miles round trip week after next so am gonna load the speed camera thing onto it. Thing is though, on the disc they give you, the prices are in Euros?

Anyone know how to get it in pounds, or free ;P Another thing, the clocks wrong, but i cant work out if you can change it? Sometimes its wrong, sometimes its right?

2001 Ph1 172
i work for he most hatted car retailer on the site! buy a tom tom one for 199.99. they were doing them for 159.99 after xmas but have gone bk up!!! if u hunt the net in sure ull find1 for 159.99! the garmins are second fiddle! then navman. some one commented on the Road angle! ITS CRAP!