ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Too low ?

Clio 172 cup
Have I gone too low at the front with these ktr coilovers ? The car is handling awful thinking I should of gone for a better brand now , the only thing I can see is the small spring is completely compressed surely it's not doing its job right ? Anyone know if this it right before I take them off and buy something better

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Have I gone too low at the front with these ktr coilovers ? The car is handling awful thinking I should of gone for a better brand now , the only thing I can see is the small spring is completely compressed surely it's not doing its job right ? Anyone know if this it right before I take them off and buy something better
The small spring is a helper spring it will compress. How much thread us left in the shock?

Clio 172 cup
I'm trying to upload a pic that shows the helper spring completely compressed no gap between coils.

Clio 172 cup
Based on what mate?

Ive had ktec coilovers in the past and found them fine
The ones I took off where ktec and before they started leaking it really did handle good so this is why it's baffled me a bit it's the same height as before the only thing that's different on the new ones is the helper spring is at the bottom of coilover rather than being at the top like the old ones , it's just way too crashy now ! rebound is terrible

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
I've got KW V1's on my 182 and the helper springs are on the bottom and fully compressed.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
The Helper spring is just that, all it does is to hold the main spring in position when the car is jacked up.

It dose/has fcuk all to do with the ride or handling.

You can compress a Helper spring with your hand.