ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Topmounts

clio sport 172
Can you overtighten these?

When i fitted my coilovers, i whizzed the top nut up with a nutrunner. Is it possible i have overtightened them? As now i have had to buy washers to get rid of the knocking noise when turning :(

Any advice greatly appreciated!

Dan

clio sport 172
Hmmm IIRC when i tried tightening them the thread started to spin....hence the impact gun attack!

Any advice as i will be undoing them and fitting said washers in the next couple of days?

clio sport 172
No, i didnt have a 'swan-neck' ring spanner to put over the allen key, so just made do with what i had, didnt think you could overtighten them tho :(

Fiesta ST3
I had to use an adjustable spanner and an allen key in order to tighten mine mate. The shop didnt have a 21mm spanner in stock:dapprove:

clio sport 172
I'll take a look at how i can improvise! And at what point do we call this tight?

Not when my impact gun runs out of battery this time :) *joke*