ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Touch up pen?

Clio 182
I have recently found a very small scrape on my rear quarter. I was wondering if anyone has used a touch up pen? If they blend in well? Or just plain not worth it?

Much appreciated Joe

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
Never looks as good as a respray tbh. If you put up the scrape we can advise on what to do! Some might come out with some polish/t-cut.

T12

ClioSport Club Member
  Monaco Clio 172
Poundland sell a touch up pen, never tried it but could be worth a punt for a quid?

I buy their black-pack spray (for plastics) and that does a great job imo.

Clio 182
Il get a pic on weekend thanks, I have polished it and reduced most of the scratches, but I have a minor 3cm by 5mm scratch

Clio 182
This is the black mark, not major buy noticable

Attachments

• DSC_0040.JPG
    DSC_0040.JPG
    605.1 KB · Views: 38
  1.6 Astra Sporthatch
Looks like that's down to the plastic. The slight scratches below will come out with polish. For the black mark, if polish doesn't shift it at all and its down to the plastic I'd get a touch-up pen, best way to use them is to layer the paint up and then wet sand it slightly so its flat, then polish it back up IIRC. Won't get it looking perfect, but could improve it and get rid of the black mark so it isn't anywhere near as noticeable.