ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Toyo T1-R

EK4, 632 on black, Mk2Ph3
Heya guys,

i currently have 185/55/R15 tyres on but i want to get wider tyres so i've decided on 195/50/R/V15 toyo tyres (t1r)

theres no problem in fitting them right? and where is the best place online where i can get tyres for cheap? the cheapest ive found is £29 per tyre excl VAT and shipping.

help recommended please! :D

RIP MK2 PH1/1.4 16v Polo
i heard it throws your speedo off abit if you get wider tyres and its not as good at handling(sp)??

and ive seen the same ones for £35 excl VAT and shipping on a website if that helps

172 ph1 2.4 transit
i heard it throws your speedo off abit if you get wider tyres and its not as good at handling(sp)??

and ive seen the same ones for £35 excl VAT and shipping on a website if that helps

Its a larger DIAMETER tyre/wheel throws your speedo out not wider mate !!

Im running T1R's but mine are 215/50 15's ;) as im running 8" wide wheels and i think i paid £38 per tyre off ebay !!!

you have to do all 4 if you're changing size as it will cause the ABS system to s**t itself

im keeping my 15's because i like them but i just want to get wider tyres so i can get 195/50/R15's as to my original 185/55/R15's? (sorry, im complete noob with wheels/tyres.)

wheres best/safest place to buy online please?

Lionel Richie
yes no problem changing from 185/55 to 195/50, but you have to change all 4 as it will confuse the ABS system if you run say 2 185/55's on the back and 2 195/50's on the front

capish?

172 ph1 2.4 transit
im keeping my 15's because i like them but i just want to get wider tyres so i can get 195/50/R15's as to my original 185/55/R15's? (sorry, im complete noob with wheels/tyres.)

That should be fine mate aslong as you change all 4 at the same time as Fred said !!

yes no problem changing from 185/55 to 195/50, but you have to change all 4 as it will confuse the ABS system if you run say 2 185/55's on the back and 2 195/50's on the front

capish?

That should be fine mate aslong as you change all 4 at the same time as Fred said !!

cheers guys! :) thats what i need to find out :clown:

911 GT3, 320i, M3
205 GTI drivers used to do this all the time as 185/55/15's were a hell of a lot more expencive, I can't imagine it would cause any problems.

Is the ABS comments due to differences in grip level from front to back, due to the wider tyres? I'm supprised that would make enough diffence to worry the ABS but don't know for sure.

205 GTI drivers used to do this all the time as 185/55/15's were a hell of a lot more expencive, I can't imagine it would cause any problems.

Is the ABS comments due to differences in grip level from front to back, due to the wider tyres? I'm supprised that would make enough diffence to worry the ABS but don't know for sure.

Wheels rotating a different speeds makes the computer think you are skidding.