ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Track day. (April/May)

Italian 3.2 V6
Also need to sort a track day out and try and get a load of us from the NW to one for a day of fun fun fun!!

Name down if interested and will get a date and track sorted :)

any dates and track suggestions are more than welcome, i was thinking oulton park again as it was that good. maby?

Piers.

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Piers, i'm up for this. Saw you lot at Oulton so would be good to get a day out on track. I'm sure the guys from around Chester/Manchester would be keen for this too.

Not sure on travel time for you guys up Cumbria way, but Angleseys not a bad venue either. Williamsclio.co.uk had their annual club event there last summer with camping & bbq night before, really good meet.

Any plans for another later in the year too?

p.

July/Aug is best for Anglesey IMO, more chance of getting a good dry day. The rest of the time you can have the opposite ends of the scale day to day..

Oulton is becoming very pricey for what it is also, how some places can justify charging £250+ at the start of March is just something quite a few people would not want to pay. Fair enough if you have got the 'EasyTrack' deal, as we had that last year, because its only costing you £100-150 per trackday - but it was terrible for us as the events they had on were sh*te. I had 5 for £500 and sold 3 of them on for a profit, as I paid for trackdays instead due to the lack of decent events.

They seem to have a few more events on this year, but still missing quite a few tracks. There are better circuits out there for a lot less money as we found out last year if you are paying for them, Cadwell & Rockingham to name two. Cadwell can be had mid summer for under £150 easily, and the same with Rockingham. The RenaultSport days are the other option, but considering they are not running days at Oulton or Cadwell its a bit of a lost cause. The only 'decent' venue they have got this year IMO is Brands in September.

Italian 3.2 V6
Yea it's all pricey stuff :( I'd do rockingham but this would mean more money on stayin over night. Personally I'd rather do it all in a day.

I think an official RS day would be great.. But I agree with what u say plus I'd imagin it to be hectic?

Foxy- is there any really good tracks north way worth going too?

182 cup
I would recommend Cadwell, did it last October, I was lucky as it was dry and sunny all day. Early and late date are cheaper but can t gaurantee the weather

Cadwell's pretty cheap all year round in comparison to other circuits, and its best suited to the Clio IMO...

The RS days are very well run, nice clear track most of the time etc. I did a couple in 2009, but you can judge what is going to be there (i.e 172/197/200/Megs) and it gets kinda boring as I know what my car is quicker than, and there isn't as much 'fun' with having a play with different types of cars (not to mention there is always a couple of forum heroes there who cant drive for sh*t and act like d*cks), its just pretty cr*p that they haven't got Cadwell our Oulton as an event this year. Il more than likely attend their Brands say as mentioned though...

For circuits in 'the north', the only few that are within driving range (in the same day) are Cadwell, Oulton, Donington, Anglesey and Mallory. There are probably a couple of others, Croft for one, but they have daft noise limits and its a bit of a weird track. Anglesey is doable in a day (well, from Warrington anyway. From Carlisle its probably not!), but its gotta be mid summer to be honest otherwise its a big risk with it being literally on the sea..

Italian 3.2 V6
I think il look into cadwell then, try and get a date sorted for there as cheap as poss. Sounds a promising track going off what you say. Will u be attending foxy?

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
I'd be up for doing Cadwell if that's the plan. Keep up updated piers.

;)