ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Track day brake setup

Whatsa good setup for track use on a 172?
Had a quick look through a few threads and all i seem to be finding is mintex pads... to be honest i dont rate the standard brakes that much and if i can i would rather go for 4 pots. I know a few people are running wilwood midilites but cant seem to find anything about brembos off a megane or clio 200 ect.

Got a few parts in:

Full braided lines to run through the car with wilwood bias valve and to get rid of the abs
ATE super blue racing fluid

Just need to find a good caliper setup or good discs and pads now

Lotus Elise
Standard calipers can cope with stopping full on race cars, the only advantage of 4 pots is easier modulation and cheaper pads but not by a lot.

RC5+, DS2500/3000, Mintex etc plenty of pad options. The only disks to have really are Brembo HCs

Standard calipers can cope with stopping full on race cars, the only advantage of 4 pots is easier modulation and cheaper pads but not by a lot.

RC5+, DS2500/3000, Mintex etc plenty of pad options. The only disks to have really are Brembo HCs

This. Don't bother with grooved/drilled discs, Brembo HCs are more than adequate. You won't ever be able to tell the difference on a track day and they'll only break quicker (not brake quicker).

Standard calipers more than fine. If they're track pads only then ds2500 seem to be the pad of choice.

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
Brembo max grooved front discs with RC-6 pads and braided lines. On the rear normal renault discs with RC-5 pads. Never had any brake fade with this set up.