ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Traction Light coming on...

Leon FR - Clio Sold.
Hi guys. Recently I have noticed when on the dual carriage way for a few miles or if I drive around town for a bit my traction control lights comes on.

I have assumed this would be due to me adjusting the brake pedal switch a bit as before I had to push the pedal hard for the lights to come on.

I have adjusted it for the lights to come on straight away but since noticed this TC problem.

Is it safe to say that I need a new switch? I currently have my SERV light on at the mo due to the airbag light being on as well so I dont know if that comes on with the TC light.

Any Help?

Westfield, 182, 200
Mine came on and off all the time, i switched the cruise on and found that did the same! Adjusted the switch, no difference, stripped the switch and sprayed contact cleaner on the contacts and it's been ok. Will pick up a new one soon.
What's up with the airbag light?

clio 172
You haven't done anything with the steering wheel have you as mine is the same after changing mine and breaking the angle sensor.

JoshOm3

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup'182/Rs2'd Trophy
Angle sensor? You on about the unit behind the wheel that ccontrols the ESP?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
The best course of action would be to plug it in as it could be related to the brake switch circuit, it is common afterall. It could also be the SAS (Steering Angle Sensor not the boys from 22) as mine did this after putting an aftermarket wheel on for a few days and it turned out to be the boss wasn't a nice fit so the ESP program knew the wheel was turning without the sensor registering a correct signal.

Leon FR - Clio Sold.
Dont have cruise and I havent done anything to the steering wheel lads.

What do we reckon?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Dont have cruise and I havent done anything to the steering wheel lads.

What do we reckon?

Just because you haven't done anything to the wheel doesn't mean the SAS isn't throwing up errors. You've also got an SRS light on so have you considered the two issues maybe linked as they both route via the clockring assembly?

Mick

Leon FR - Clio Sold.
Just because you haven't done anything to the wheel doesn't mean the SAS isn't throwing up errors. You've also got an SRS light on so have you considered the two issues maybe linked as they both route via the clockring assembly?

Mick

I know why the airbag light is on and its not related to the SAS. This light has just come on recently as in a few days ago. Ever since I touched the switch. Seems like a coincidence so I just thought I'd ask before I bought one. I only said I hadnt touched the wheel as in changed it due to your 'changing the wheel to an aftermarket one' comment.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I know but you asked for advise and i said it would still be prudent to have it checked properly as it *could* be something else not it *was* something else.

RS 172
The best course of action would be to plug it in as it could be related to the brake switch circuit, it is common afterall. It could also be the SAS (Steering Angle Sensor not the boys from 22) as mine did this after putting an aftermarket wheel on for a few days and it turned out to be the boss wasn't a nice fit so the ESP program knew the wheel was turning without the sensor registering a correct signal.

I've just fitted a new steering wheel and boss and now it's throwing up this error. How did you get round it? I've removed the steering wheel and refitted and all seems ok.

any ideas would be great. cheers