ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

trip computer keeps resetting itself

BMW M135I
Im thinking its just the cold weather but everytime i start the car since the ice and snow have come around, it resets everytime, il going to check if it does in 10 minutes when i go back out and the cars still warm, hope its just the weather and nothing major with electrics!!

Anyone getting same thing or any ideas?

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Its something to do with your battery mate. Either it needs replacing or the cold weather is playing around with its capacity/output.

106 GTI
Usually a sign of a battery on its last legs, but the cold will take a toll on a battery so id say dont worry about it.

Clio 197 R27 Albi
Its the battery mate. Mine done it twice over the last week with the cold. its time for a new battery for me.

It might also reset your autolights feature is you have that

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
My old golf done this on and off for months before the battery finally died, never happened again.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I get this every winter , when the temp drops to about 4 degrees or less and has been stood for a few hours . I put a brand new battery on a couple of weeks ago and it still does it. Other than that , the car runs fine .

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Yup mine did the same untill I swapped the battery.

A dodgy battery really causes some odd things to happen on a Clio

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
100000% battery ! Even if you test it it will seem fine but it is starting to go .

172 sport
Battery is on it's way out. Check the voltage across the terminals when starting. If it drops below 9 volts approx then it's a new battery.

172 sport
it drops down to about 9.4 when cranking.. would this cause my rev counter to stop working too?
It could do. When I started from cold it would reset but when I restarted after a couple of minutes it would not. Also check that when running you are getting a charge of 14 volts.