ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

trip computer readings

megane 285 sport
ive had me 197 for a year now, its always done 24mpg to 28 mpg depending on how i treat it, but since its come back from service the other day, its hovering around the 20mpg and when parked up continue to drop to 18mpg, has anyone had this happen or is it normal and my car wasnt right it the first place, any opinion welcom cheers.

Ph 1 172
not 100% sure a but my trip computer is fine (i have a 172 mk2 phase 1) and when i just sit there on idle the MPG number starts to drop. maybe take it on the motorway for 30mins and drive it at 60mph in 5th. you should easily hit 35mpg if you dont might be a problem with the computer.

megane 285 sport
im starting to think when renault reset the service light they may incorrectly messed with the trip because previously after reseting the trip after filling up the trip will start at 30mpg and settle down to how its being run, at the minute when you reset it, its starting at 10mpg and going upto 20mpg and dropping like a penny down a well when idling, im not saying it shouldnt drop, is that it shouldnt be starting that low in the first place. what does your trip say if you reset and do a short run like a couple of miles or so.

Clio Sport 197
I cant really see anything wrong there. My 197 does it, maybe reset at the petrol station, get down the road... once it has some data to do some calculations... and if its just local roads... 1st 2nd 3rd... 10/20mpg on average will be right... yet on a dual carriageway, at a service station after filling up, reset it and head off at 60ish, it will start a bit higher, and stabalise much quicker as u'll be at a higher mpg for longer. Im currently running 23.7mpg on average over 39.8 gallons of fuel, but that from not much motorway, and too much fun. tehee.

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
Also it will use more fuel as the engine warms up
Reset it after the engine is warm!

FTO GPX 2.0 V6
It its anything like mine it is a load of crap anyway. Fill the tank up, and reset the trip. used about 3/4 of the tank and done 120 miles, yet it takes the remaining 1/4 will do over 200 miles before needing to fill up. It's rubbish!

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
The trip uses a number of factors to measure usage.
Injector flow rate,tank level,throttle,speed vs rpm.

Mine when turbocharged read 55mpg when I went 50mph!
Then with the right foot planted it read 7mpg!LOL

It its anything like mine it is a load of crap anyway. Fill the tank up, and reset the trip. used about 3/4 of the tank and done 120 miles, yet it takes the remaining 1/4 will do over 200 miles before needing to fill up. It's rubbish!
The gauge isn't that accurate due to the tank design and effectivness of gauge but realistically see what the trip says i'd be its near enough perfect bunless you have a leak
im starting to think when renault reset the service light they may incorrectly messed with the trip because previously after reseting the trip after filling up the trip will start at 30mpg and settle down to how its being run, at the minute when you reset it, its starting at 10mpg and going upto 20mpg and dropping like a penny down a well when idling, im not saying it shouldnt drop, is that it shouldnt be starting that low in the first place. what does your trip say if you reset and do a short run like a couple of miles or so.
It always starts low its should do

short trip mpg is always going to be low even more so in the cold
ive had me 197 for a year now, its always done 24mpg to 28 mpg depending on how i treat it, but since its come back from service the other day, its hovering around the 20mpg and when parked up continue to drop to 18mpg, has anyone had this happen or is it normal and my car wasnt right it the first place, any opinion welcom cheers.
wouldn't be any nhuge shock to me could be a reset ecu hence needs to relearn your driivng habbits and fuel etc