ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

trophy engine...

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  BG 182, BMW 320d
I don't see why people can't just spell correctly in an advert and bulling it up is always a classic.

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Rusty Cup
Have you seen the description on the video..

Very light panel smashed down both sides, otherwise in near concours condition..

The guys a serious hero!

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Lol
Knuckles, I remember when we hassled that lad with the green Clio on gym tree before

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 88.9%
8   1   0
  997.1, Caddy, e208
I've actually bought something from him, and tbh, I got a decent price (knocked him down £220 from £600)

Went to pick it up, there's certainly no 500,000sqft warehouse and the reference to dogs I can only imagine is from the house at the top of the yard near his unit, they had a couple of guard dogs, young'un that came out to help us wasn't too bad mind.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Of course he is reading the thread, he posted in a different thread not long ago.

I have said this many times, i don't understand why people have a problem with him and make it so personal. I wouldn't bother wasting your time messaging him, he knows its a piss take from the start and always responds trolling back at you. Often making you look the silly one and not him, as he clearly does not care what people think of him and how he conducts his business.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I didn't know the Trophy engines were special.

They arent at all in any way whatsoever, not one single component is at all different to a normal 182 engine, literally completely identical.

But maybe he is hoping some numpty with a trophy doesnt realise this so he can rip them off.

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Transit & Death trap
I disagree, the guy deserves it.

Admittedly the engine isn't ''rare'' and certainly not worth paying £1200+ for (imo), but other than pricing it higher than current market rate and stretching the truth, I fail to see why that warrants going out of your way to waste his time!

I'm always on the look out for new cars and constantly see 172's & 182's that are way overpriced, but I've got far better things to do with my time, than contact sellers either wasting their time asking stupid questions, or telling them why their car is worth £1000 less than they're asking.

My point is, I doubt anyone in this thread (Knuckles) was looking for or needed a 182 engine, so the fact there's someone asking silly money for one, really doesn't affect them!...

Makes him a stupid as the seller IMO.

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
if the engine was in perfect condition and had Fresh belts, dephaser, pullys w/e and had the gearbox and the rest to just stick in a car then might be worth it. But prob not lol

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  182cup & 172 racecar
I do realise that.

They arent at all in any way whatsoever, not one single component is at all different to a normal 182 engine, literally completely identical.

But maybe he is hoping some numpty with a trophy doesnt realise this so he can rip them off.

Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I didn't know the Trophy engines were special.

Just the guy selling it is :]

Admittedly the engine isn't ''rare'' and certainly not worth paying £1200+ for (imo), but other than pricing it higher than current market rate and stretching the truth, I fail to see why that warrants going out of your way to waste his time!

I'm always on the look out for new cars and constantly see 172's & 182's that are way overpriced, but I've got far better things to do with my time, than contact sellers either wasting their time asking stupid questions, or telling them why their car is worth £1000 less than they're asking.

My point is, I doubt anyone in this thread (Knuckles) was looking for or needed a 182 engine, so the fact there's someone asking silly money for one, really doesn't affect them!...

Makes him a stupid as the seller IMO.

When you say stretching the truth, you mean lying yes?

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Transit & Death trap
Just the guy selling it is :]

When you say stretching the truth, you mean lying yes?

I want to be clear, I'm in no way agreeing with or condoning how this guy conducts himself or his business, but technically it is a Trophy engine and unless he's stating that they're different and that you can't use a normal 182 engine (I'm not reading through his ad' again), then he can kind of say it's rare.

I get that people don't like his overpriced stuff and that's fair enough, but do I believe anyone is genuinely concerned about some unsuspecting buyer being ''ripped off'' not a chance and as for actively seeking to waste his (and yours) time by messaging him nonsense is pathetic IMO.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It's the way he unnecessarily makes the adverts hard to read which gets me.

Those listings are an assault on the eyes and it's like he's purposefully trying to make you confused as to what you're buying.