ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trophy No 42. and the fun weekend with Haversport!

RX7 FD
Number 42's interesting journey with pictures this weekend.

It all started with the 2 following aims. Fit V6 airbox and front discs/pads.

Airbox went in nice and easy

IMAG0046.jpg

Lovely extra bit of sound, so proper chuffed with this.

Then off came both wheels to attack the discs and pads.....enter hover Trophy. Total Recall eat your heart out!

14032.jpg

This is the point at which the day started taking a turn for the worst. Discovered drivers side damper was completely up the creek. Not a problem I had a spare set of refurbed Sachs at home to fit, so off I went to fetch them for fitting.

Naked suspension Trophy

14034.jpg

14033.jpg

Then the bit which made my heart sink. As we were taking the springs off the dampers, Badgerman called out "Daaaaaave we have a problem"

Enter the problem.

14035.jpg

Copious amounts of swearing and heart break later as I did not have a spare set of springs! 3:30 on a Saturday afternoon, nowhere was open and stocked Trophy springs or Eibach Sportlines. A desperate plea was answered by sj2112 who that very day barely 10 minutes early had put a set of Sportlines up for sale. Thank you o guardian angel and they were picked up the following morning.

A refurbed damper with a sportline on!

IMAG0044.jpg

Everything slotted back into place with Badgerman in the process of refitting.

IMAG0045.jpg

To leave the finished product.

IMAG0047.jpg

The rears were fitted and she was bolted back together, torqued up and taken for a test drive/shakedown. The difference was mindblowing, she feels so much tighter and the handling is so much improved.

This wouldn't have been possible without the help of Mike Havers aka Badgerman and the now named Haversport crew! Owe him mad props, thanks man!

All done over 2 days with numerous workman pauses and a laugh had by all involved.

Hope you enjoyed the read!

Dave

182 Trophy #333
So glad we managed to get those sportlines, thought I was gonna be stuck with a hovering pink Clio on my drive till Monday!

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Good job mate.

Nothing worse than starting a job and then finding you need more parts :(

RX7 FD
Christ at that spring!

Tell me about it, Badgerman will tell you. I looked proper upset at that point! Needed to be back in Kent today for work tomorrow etc!

good to meet you boys today even if you did catch me off guard getting washed and ready, glad to see them on the car :)

Sorry about that buddy, we were alot earlier than first thought. Even in the rain we were on a mission!

The BG and V6 looked lovely.

225 Cup & Williams
Both my springs were like that when I took them off to fit mark fish springs, done a trackday at Knockhill on them too!. Looking good though mate I highly recommend the Brembo sport pads too.

RX7 FD
Refurbed dampers look good Dave :)

Are you still down in Ashford or have you moved back?

Still in Ashford buddy. Come back to B'stoke quite alot to see friends/family and to use and abuse Badgerman!

Hi! Lol!

Good work Dave!

Cheers mate. Trophy loving all round!

Both my springs were like that when I took them off to fit mark fish springs, done a trackday at Knockhill on them too!. Looking good though mate I highly recommend the Brembo sport pads too.

Both springs like that? Ouch! At least you were replacing them at the time I suppose. Give the pads time to bed in, so being relatively gentle but looking forward to giving them some stick soon!