ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

TTIPS ON CLEANING THE ENGINE

mrk 1 rsi
was just wondering what shud i do i just want 2 get rid of the oil marks and a genral clean

and what products 2 use

if it any help it a mk 1

thanks.

106 GTi
Be carefull and use as little water as you can get away with , if in doubt cover a part up and don't get it wet.

www.renparts.co.uk
yeh try to use damp cloths rather than water.. or a spray bottle for putting water on then wipe off.... countless people including myself have had electrical problems after reaching for the hose. AutoGlym engine and machine cleaner is acid free and great for cleaning any oily type marks off if you leave it on for 15 mins.

Mito Sportiva 135
I understand the need to excercise caution, but I have steam cleaned loads of engine bays using a high-pressure washer and never had any problems at all...or am I just riding my luck?!

www.renparts.co.uk
I understand the need to excercise caution, but I have steam cleaned loads of engine bays using a high-pressure washer and never had any problems at all...or am I just riding my luck?!

its fine on a lot of engines... the clio ones just offer very limited protection on electrical components....

Mito Sportiva 135

its fine on a lot of engines... the clio ones just offer very limited protection on electrical components....

Must be...

Not a practice I use on my own car though!