ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tuning Results

cup 182 mit stripes
This was my experience getting group N ecu and ported manifold fitted Monday.
1 First off, put standard car on rollers[just panel filter] corrected power was 179ps at 6840 rpm and 152.6 lbf ft at 5470 rpm.

2 Fitted ecu, back on rollers. max power now 181.5ps coming in at 6560 rpm. torque 154.8 at 5385 rpm.

3 Now it was time for the manifold to show its mettle. Was the forum talk justified? On to the rollers for last time. 182ps at 6530 rpm. max torque now 158 lbf ft at 5375 rpm. 10 more than Renault claim.

I was'nt expecting miracles but the car definately feels more urgent. More bite and less ''fluffyness'' on acceleration. If anything juice consumption is improved.
I'm posting this cos I see people asking about these mods but never getting specific answers.

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
I couldn't be happier with my group N and manifold match, before i got slaughtered by a R32 and now i can pull on him. Good enough for me.

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
So 182 ps and a max torque of 158 lb ft. In other words, it's now a standard Clio 182 in terms of ps after those modifications. Not much gain or did I miss something?

Rob669

VRS
pretty much all 1*2's run less power than reno claim
a manifold match usually gets them running at the stated bhp/ps

Tangoed Works
These cars have enough power imo for what they are as standard, but could defo do with a more urgent mid range kick. Nice to see 10 lb/ft up on standard, its what I'll be looking for when I start the mods, ie; make the car more drivable in real world conditions.

JMR

RB 182 Cup
These cars have enough power imo for what they are as standard, but could defo do with a more urgent mid range kick. Nice to see 10 lb/ft up on standard, its what I'll be looking for when I start the mods, ie; make the car more drivable in real world conditions.

Just had mine re-mapped by RS Tuning [Leeds] pmurray on here.
More torque by the bucket full. Keep surprising myself that I'm in a higher gear than I think.
Low down pull is miles better, mid-range is a world apart from standard map! Paul reckons about 12lb ft increase in torque from what results he's seen on R'Roads.

I have s/s catback, ITG panel filter.......considering manifold match.

Good report ja.jack. Its helps to remember that the maximum gains are just that. The maximum power and torque. Whilst your only getting say 3bhp and 6lb ft peak, you could well be getting 10% increase somewhere else in the rev range, which is what improves driveability.

Money reasonably well spent in the grand scheme of things.:D

cup 182 mit stripes
Yes JMR I agree. Not much cash spent for good performance uprate with no reliability issues and even better fuel economy.

Did you align the manifold properly as 1bhp is a joke.

i leave a 20 thou area around the manfiold dimentions that allow a minute stepdown, but there is still more freeplay in the fitting of the manifold and if its fitted incorrectly then the flow will 'see' an oncomming step, which will negate the effects of a modified manifold.

you have to look down the manifold to see the bottom edge, then through the injector bosses to see the top and side edges.

It'll make or break it since 20 thou is half a mm.

2005 Nissan Navara
Im on about between teh top and bottom sections sorry.

But yes, the bottom-head section is pretty easily sighted by eye like u said.

Its more important to get that one right, but by marking the top, you know its all pretty spot on.

cup 182 mit stripes
Ben!
How do we know its not your manifold thats the joke? Only kidding.
I gave the fitter your instructions and he told me he got it bang on. Falkland have a good rep. Like I said, I'm happy with the results.

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
It does an extremely small power gain considering the match alone is 'supposed' to be good for at least 4-5 and has been known to add 10 or so. Disappointed your Group N only added so little aswell. Maybe they react differently on different cars? I say that because my car really does feel nothing like it used to, Olivier a french tuner who occasionally comes on here said mine 'felt' in the region of 190BHP + and i've had no problems keeping pace with a clio RR'd at 202BHP.

glad your happy with the results, but I'd be pissed off after spending all that to only be running standard peak power. Sure it may be more through the rev range but that's still pretty poor...

VRS
ive been told that the group n's 'trick' u into feeling that there is more power than there is by dropping the power delivery just before the 5k kick so when it does kick in it feels greater than it really is

thats why i opted for an rs tuning special

cup 182 mit stripes
So you hav'nt actually had it on a dyno Dubai? How do you know these mods get the claimed gains? Documented proof is thin on the ground.

Seems to me its mostly hearsay and wishful thinking.

VRS
im hoping to get mine on the rollers soon to see what the gains are
i wud be hoping something in the region of 196 for mine as ali's ran around the 190 mark and we have the same mods except for mine having the 182 manifold

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
So you hav'nt actually had it on a dyno Dubai? How do you know these mods get the claimed gains? Documented proof is thin on the ground.

I haven't Jack, no, but i'm planning on very soon and i've had many a drag race with the friend with a RR'd clio with 202BHP and he can't pull more than 1 car length ahead to 100MPH. And i trust Olivier's word as he himself has a 225BHP clio and he said mine felt extremely quick for what it's had done.

I agree, evidence is very thin on the ground but hopefully i'll be able to confirm my thoughts within the next week or two.

cup 182 mit stripes
Yours must be 200bhp. Not bad for the minimal mods. I take it you wont be wanting boddies now?

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Mine isn't 200BHP as i have stripped the rear and saved some weight then you take into account of fuel, weight of driver etc. But i'd expect mine to be mid 190's yes.

I'm still undecided what to do in terms of tuning when i return to the UK.

Oh plus before mods i couldn't get anywhere near my friend's R32 now i can get past him and if he gets a great start i can actually pull it back.

Last edited:

to be fair most people have had dyno's and RR's to show their mods working. Just seems a little on the low side.

Dubai, you should get ITB's for the noise alone... well that and 220+bhp :cool: