ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Turbo conversion advice

172 Turbo
Before you fit the turbo, what else have you done? Is your car still on original suspension, Brembo pads, etc?

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
I was there having work done on mine and he was showing me some of the wrong parts that had been sent, so it wasn't lies.

But anyway this isn't about BTM.

Fair enough but almost 2 years to get parts (if that was the only issue) can't think of any parts for anything that take that long to arrive correct think someone was having their pisser pulled ! Then when it he got it back it lasted a month or so then went pop !

But as we said we are going of topic .

2004 Clio 182 cup
Before you fit the turbo, what else have you done? Is your car still on original suspension, Brembo pads, etc?
It's got brembo grooved discs and pads all round but In the near future I'm getting brembo calipers an as for the suspension I've got coilovers for it just need fitting.

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
Looks like Andy from ClioTurbo is selling off his Sunflower Turbo running 254bhp for £4k. Just seen it advertised on Instagram

Anyone Tempted?

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Looks like Andy from ClioTurbo is selling off his Sunflower Turbo running 254bhp for £4k. Just seen it advertised on Instagram

Anyone Tempted?

NO !
probly need to pay the 4 grand up front then keep calling up and emailing with no reply for months on end and when you eventually collect it it will be a bag of shite !

Then you can take it somewhere else and pay all over again to get it sorted so will end up costing a lot more than the quoted 4 grand in the end :smile:

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
I've never delt with the guy, but i imagine if this is his own car, you'd hope it was done properly given some of his previous work.

At least you can insepct it before handing the money over and then drive it away the same day, well provided it's good. Better than paying upfront for a turbo conversion not knowing what the end results is going to be.

2004 Clio 182 cup
NO !
probly need to pay the 4 grand up front then keep calling up and emailing with no reply for months on end and when you eventually collect it it will be a bag of shite !

Then you can take it somewhere else and pay all over again to get it sorted so will end up costing a lot more than the quoted 4 grand in the end :smile:
Haha belter

172 Turbo
Just registered on Instagram to look at the spec of the Sunflower, looks like he's done the headgasket trick to change the compression.

RB Clio 182
Doesnt the head gasket trick work on low boost then?

I thought it was only after say 250hp when it needed low compression pistons?

172 Turbo
Doesnt the head gasket trick work on low boost then?

I thought it was only after say 250hp when it needed low compression pistons?
Yes, lower compression on the standard pistons will give you 250bhp and cost belts & £100 headgasket. This is why kit 2 was never that popular.
Link please
Andy's account is protected.

Car has had a full engine rebuild, including Pistons, rings, bearings, head rebuilt, timing belt, head gasket and bolts, Turbo Gt2554 SBworx downpipe, Clio turbo pipework and we've done all the work, organic clutch kit helix, inlets all powder coated, will come with 12 months mot, and will be detailed again before sale, tyres are Contys 5 with new breaks all round. H and r coilovers.Paint work superb and had a fresh coat last year in sunflower :) £4000 .

robmuns

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172
To be fair that's a bargain for what it is, if the paint job is decent and it's one of his better conversions (which being his own car is likely to be).

Just makes me wonder why he's selling it cheap to start with

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
To be fair that's a bargain for what it is, if the paint job is decent and it's one of his better conversions (which being his own car is likely to be).

Its not a gen sunflower is a big reason. Same as mine not being oem colour thats why im re shelling mine into a Black Gold

172 Turbo

When I spoke to him he was looking at a way to do kit 2 differently, which I assume is what he's done here.

Done, tested. Sell car, release product.

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
When's that happening Dave ?
When i get around 2 it lol

78ca5d86d7c5852677c0ec66b3b86693.jpg

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I'd happily use Andy. But then again, I'm not one to get caught in the hype of internet forums. His business has built many cars, not just the 3 that have appeared on here with poor conversions.

Fair enough mate, but ive been on here for quite a while and the number of pros v cons is quite overwhelming, regardless of this thread.

I'd love to go turbo, and ED would get my money.