ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Turbo oil drain

What's the best way to get a drain in whilst using a ph1 drive shaft, just run a threaded an10 90 degree bend and tap the sump? Ideally I want the drain vertically below the turbo?

Or is it necessary I run a 182 shaft?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
What's the best way to get a drain in whilst using a ph1 drive shaft, just run a threaded an10 90 degree bend and tap the sump? Ideally I want the drain vertically below the turbo?

Or is it ness assay I run a 182 shaft?

Mine just has a straight fitting in the sump and then a hose slid over it to the turbo, no sharp bends and a nice simple path for the oil to take.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
No sorry, havent ever had any reason to take a picture of it and am not near the car currently to do so, there really isnt much to see though, just a hole in the sump and a hitting in it.

Allan-

ClioSport Club Member
Mines directly on the back of the block putting it in line with the starter but on the other side of the block. It was done by ktec not got any pictures though sorry.

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
most common options,

DSC_2033.jpg

172oil.jpg

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Cheers! Going to go with the sump method, if that 90 degree fitting male ended and threaded into the sump?
The sump isnt really think enough to just tap and expect it to hold, so instead you will normally put a nut on the inside.

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
Ktec supplied it with there older kit, iirc it's just a household plumbing union, and you can tap directly into the sump without any issues as its not under any stress.

172 cup, Impreza P1
I'm going to do what's on the second pic but get a weld on an10 fitting. Your drain should have a free flow into the sump but I found the level of the sump to be slightly higher if you return to sump so trying something different this time.