ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

turbo or itbs and cams?

clio 182
i have not yet bought a clio but i am looking into purchasing a clio 182 very soon,

I am looking at getting a bank loan to buy a decent clio to mod,

i am not quite sure what to go for when i get one,

I like the sound of having a 280bhp turbo conversion, i have looked on engine dynamics? is there conversions any good?

but a friend of mine has an itb clio and i love the sound of them, so maybe going cams and itbs but what else can i get with that?

reliability is obviously a priority, i hear the clio turbo conversions are actually quite reliable and this engine dynamics 280 conversion looks tempting set from i would like the add uprate forget rods aswell for reliability as they only add forged pistons on the deal? could i run an helix organic clutch instead of paddle ? with it? also what MPG is anyone with the turbod clios doing?

would appreciate any advice i think turbo is the way tbh as it offers more power ! i wouldnt want to go more than 300bhp tbh i think the limit is 300!

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
It's still a stupid idea.

Paying twice for something that's losing money.

Unless you have a 0% interest loan, in which case can you share these details please

Mec 350 slk manual
It maybe worth you becoming a paid member on here because you do get the right cars come up with the big money spent on them

clio 182
I probably can save up for it but I am a very in patient person tbh lol I didn't ask for opinions on loans etc I asked for opinions on what to get between the two it's not going to change my opinion of you think it's a stupid idea or not lol

clio 182
Maybe I'll look into already built ones what sort of price would they being going for? Only thing is illegal provably appreciate it more building from scratch but will look into it

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
4k upwards for a turbo but I'd be wanting lsd and decent suspension and brakes. Look for one with a decent ecu I believe the gen90 is the most popular.. once you're settled on your budget why not see what other cars are available for similar money..
If you can do the work yourself you may find it satisfying otherwise the running around to garages and tuners and waiting without a car would annoy me.. I'm impatient too..

Clio 172 phase 1 sc
Also I'd buy one already done I'm at about 12k now and still need 4pots LSD and a cage and plenty more if I wanted Infact it never ends

Take my advice, If you want to tune, don't get a clio. For what you gain bhp-£ is absolutely shocking.

Buy a megane Rs, pre turbo'd and you can carry on with a tune.

But I have to agree with the others, taking out a loan is a daft idea, Especcially if it all goes wrong!