ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Turbo SRT8 vs Modified M5..

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I haven't even watched it yet an I know its going to be fast!! N/A ones are mental enough!!

FAST!! Proper proper fast!! lol!

Last edited:
  FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Pretty obvious if you strap a tubo on a 6.1 litre car it will smoke lots of things

Trophy #490
Given the choice between the two, i'd still have the M5 every single time. Car's like the SRT8 just do nothing for me personally, no doubt its quick but its got no finesse whatsoever. All in my opinion of course before I get shot down!

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
I'm stunned as to how fast that Jeep moves away. Yeh the Beemer got a crap start but the Jeep desomates it later on.

Quite strange considering they both have similar power.

Great vid!

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Given the choice between the two, i'd still have the M5 every single time. Car's like the SRT8 just do nothing for me personally, no doubt its quick but its got no finesse whatsoever. All in my opinion of course before I get shot down!

You can't really compare them in terms of ownership though..

The M5 costs well over double the Jeep for starters. One's a saloon, the other is a mental SUV.

Yes the Jeep hasn't the best interior but it has all of the gadgets the M5 does. It's got a rear screen and DVD player, Sat Nav, heated seats, memory seats, adjustable foot pedals, triptronic gearbox, cruise control and the interior does have some nice touches like alcantara inserts.

I love how the Jeep looks personally, it just screams get out of the way!

The M5 is a true weapon but this vid shows just how much fun the Jeep really is.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Good effort! :)

At least this one has a decent sounding turbo whistle and not a god-awful supercharger whine. Superchargers may make cars go like s**t-off-a-shovel, but they don't half sound crap!

D.

White R26/Stripped Valver
The jeep looks mean as f**k, you have to see it in the flesh...
I just love the raw aggression of the jeep :evil:

C250 AMG & 172 Cup
They should run that Jeep against one of them Gemballa porsche cayene's....bet that would be a good race for the suv boys.

Id still take the M5.

Turbos.
I'm stunned as to how fast that Jeep moves away. Yeh the Beemer got a crap start but the Jeep desomates it later on.

Quite strange considering they both have similar power.

Great vid!

The SRT8 had over 500bhp ATW, not flywheel...

Surely the M5 doesn't weigh that much less than the Jeep? Impressive but as said above its a pretty obvious outcome strapping a turbo to such a beast!

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
but what an ugly attrocious car the SRT8 is.

Give me a 3.0 diesel X5 over that!

Why do the idiot yanks think power is everything, Why not concerntrate on building a car that will last more than 10 minutes! Their interiors are woeful!

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Good effort! :)

At least this one has a decent sounding turbo whistle and not a god-awful supercharger whine. Superchargers may make cars go like s**t-off-a-shovel, but they don't half sound crap!

D.

On the contrary, I think the best thing about superchargers are the noise. I'm planning on charging the MX5 next year, and the costs are pretty similar for either route, but I'm leaning towards SC just for the brilliant whining.

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
but what an ugly attrocious car the SRT8 is.

Give me a 3.0 diesel X5 over that!

Why do the idiot yanks think power is everything, Why not concerntrate on building a car that will last more than 10 minutes! Their interiors are woeful!

This grates me.

Have you owned a Jeep SRT8? I think not.

Their interiors are better than quite a few European manufacturers.

I haven't had one single problem in over 7 months of ownership and nailing the crap out of it everywhere I go.

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
The SRT8 had over 500bhp ATW, not flywheel...

Surely the M5 doesn't weigh that much less than the Jeep? Impressive but as said above its a pretty obvious outcome strapping a turbo to such a beast!

M5 weighs 450kg lighter.

I'll ask the owner of the Jeep how modified the M5 was but I think I know which one it is. It's running around 550-600BHP IIRC.

It's mightily impressive considering everything else is bone stock. Wait til it gets heads/cams and a stroker kit.

This thing already kills GT-R's and a 430 Scuderia will struggle to hang on to it in a 1/4 mile.

Mk1 Clio F4R'd
Havnt read none of the comments becuase i cant b bothered. Somebodys building a twin turbo M5 engined E30 track ****...Are you going to beat that? :p

If you ask me, N/A 500bhp M5 is more impressive than 500bhp and the fact that nearly half of its power is from the s/c too.

Sounds crazy though!! :)

Last edited:
  ST
Havnt read none of the comments becuase i cant b bothered. Somebodys building a twin turbo M5 engined E30 track ****...Are you going to beat that?

If you ask me, N/A 500bhp M5 is more impressive than 500bhp and the fact that nearly half of its power is from the s/c too.

Sounds crazy though!! :)

Hmm not the smartest post i've read on here today..

MCS R56
It's not difficult to strap on power to achieve impressive performance, especially a 6 litre; SUV or not. So it's amazing in a straight line and may very well whip the Jay Haas of any given Ferrari or GT-R but that's all it got.

It's just a fast, ugly, heavy car. If you like it, fair enough.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Well it certainly isnt going to win any beauty pagents but by f**k it goes well.

Kudos to you mate for breaking the mould, i cannot believe how quickly you bounce off the line, its not like the M5 is even close, another question, how good is the driver on the M5? And also what transmission is in it? (Im not saying this played any part because he well and trully got arse fucked anyways)

Forget what people say on here mate, you have a very very fast jeep, f**k what anyone thinks good or bad

MCS R56
Well it certainly isnt going to win any beauty pagents but by f**k it goes well.

Kudos to you mate for breaking the mould, i cannot believe how quickly you bounce off the line, its not like the M5 is even close, another question, how good is the driver on the M5? And also what transmission is in it? (Im not saying this played any part because he well and trully got arse f**ked anyways)

Forget what people say on here mate, you have a very very fast jeep, f**k what anyone thinks good or bad

Nobody said it was slow.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I think what people are missing here is that Dubai182 doesn't actually have a charged Jeep. This is just a video he posted.

In his first post he mentions waiting for a supercharger kit.

What a load of crap, the M5 wasn't trying/was asleep at launch, a 500bhp EVO or scooby wouldn't do that to it, let alone an SRT8. Fast car, but not that fast.

If the M5 is running a claimed 560bhp, that would give it around 500 atw too, just like the jeep, factor in the 400+kg weight advantage and the fact that its not shaped like a barn door and the M5 would be gone

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
What a load of crap, the M5 wasn't trying/was asleep at launch, a 500bhp EVO or scooby wouldn't do that to it, let alone an SRT8. Fast car, but not that fast.

If the M5 is running a claimed 560bhp, that would give it around 500 atw too, just like the jeep, factor in the 400+kg weight advantage and the fact that its not shaped like a barn door and the M5 would be gone

LOL.

Okay, whatever you say. You can hear the M5 screaming ffs.

The Jeep is renowned for it's insane ability to launch that quickly. It has some very clever technology involved.

Just do a quick search on Youtube and you'll see every single time the Jeep nails the start.

The Jeep embarasses a lot of cars which have more power. It can beat the ML63, Porsche Cayenne Turbo in the 1/4 mile stock vs stock. This Turbo'd one would simply spit them out.

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
It's not difficult to strap on power to achieve impressive performance, especially a 6 litre; SUV or not. So it's amazing in a straight line and may very well whip the Jay Haas of any given Ferrari or GT-R but that's all it got.

It's just a fast, ugly, heavy car. If you like it, fair enough.

I think you'll find it's not that simple, F/I on the HEMI engine isn't that easy to extract a lot of useable power from. The TCM always intervenes and shuts down the power due to the box not being able to handle the torque being thrown at it.

It certainly isn't a case of strapping a turbo on and away you go. If you saw the amount of work that went into this Jeep you'd be amazed.

The whole point of these Jeep's is to have fun and whip a lot of cars off the line and even from rolls. It's fast, it's comfy, handles way better than it should and gives me more smiles per miles than any other car I've driven.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
"Forget what people say on here mate, you have a very very fast jeep"

This would insinuate that people were saying it was slow.

I was reffering to people saying its an ugly car etc etc

It fucked an M5 from a standstill, its anything but slow pal:rolleyes: