ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Twingo RS pics and thoughts..

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Today I was invited to a Renault ride and drive day, most of the models were just the run of the mill modus, laguna, megane WSR and a selection of non RS clios etc.

So i was surprised to see a RS twingo in the paddock :)

I took it out for a good 45 mins along some very bendy rough roads, i thought it handled well, but wasn't that impressed with the speed. TBH i thought a 1.6 133 bhp car that small would feel somewhat quicker!

I also didn't like the rev counter that much, and the seats :(

A few pics.

3867631519_59f2488c52.jpg

3868412364_553883c267.jpg

3868415290_1e7cfaebd1.jpg

Discuss..

Fun cars, look good also just lack pace... Could do with F7R/F4R engine I feel. Seats are a let down but just the same pretty much as the 172/182 seats...

Its amazing how many things on the car that are the same as the 172, had me with the Cup and my mate with his RS finding exactly the same part codes like engine mounts, throttle body and a few other small things.

I would own one as runaround...

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
great car...

I do like them, i just think you can get better for the money.

Fun cars, look good also just lack pace... Could do with F7R/F4R engine I feel. Seats are a let down but just the same pretty much as the 172/182 seats...

Its amazing how many things on the car that are the same as the 172, had me with the Cup and my mate with his RS finding exactly the same part codes like engine mounts, throttle body and a few other small things.

I would own one as runaround...

Have you driven one before Nick?

It would be awesome with a F4R lump :cool:

hores for courses tbh mate. fun factor its hard to come close tbh

i've driven one round dieppe, taking out 8 guys on seperate runs... every single one got out of the car grinning like a kid :)

Not a 320d
I think if the interior hadnt been so gash and the dashboard hadnt been made from hard plastic and the seats hadnt of been so bad, id of gone for one. It is a tad girly and small i think, although i think it looks very good from the front. Just wasnt suited to what i wanted, never driven one though but i hear a lot of good things about them. They were flying at Cadwell, even the lads from here was going like stink.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I think its a fun car for your wife, but not for the man of the house.

A clio is a girls car already, a twingo just makes you look like more of a homo.

And lets not forget its essentially a budget Clio.... The Clio's build quality is bad enough!!

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Smaller car with smaller engine but i assume you can rev it loads and have fun without breaking the law too much, similar to panda 100hp. Sounds good to me but never driven one

Not a 320d
I think its a fun car for your wife, but not for the man of the house.

A clio is a girls car already, a twingo just makes you look like more of a homo.

And lets not forget its essentially a budget Clio.... The Clio's build quality is bad enough!!

THIS.

Dynamique Flamer
I don't think a man would look very manly getting out of a twingo, it's a girls car imo

I think if I drove one though I would find it awesome, having only driven a 1.2. But I would probably just wait and get a 182 rather than a 1.6 tbh but then again it depends on how much insurance is etc

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I don't think a man would look very manly getting out of a twingo, it's a girls car imo

I think if I drove one though I would find it awesome, having only driven a 1.2. But I would probably just wait and get a 182 rather than a 1.6 tbh but then again it depends on how much insurance is etc

Yeah true, good job i'm in touch with my feminine side ;)

Kerry i'm sure you would love it :)

Dynamique Flamer
I don't know if I could get past the looks though :eek: really not a car I would think oh yeah thats hot tbh maybe I should consider it for my next car though

Dynamique Flamer
I'd still choose a 172/82 over one everytime TBH.

I was thinking about this though my car is an 05 plate and if I get a 182 it will prob be an 05 plate so it wouldn't be very new :dapprove: but I really want a 182 (got to wait to pay off my loan :( )

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
if i wanted low speed fun i'd buy another saxo/106...still nothing comes close for the money.....twingo talks the talk but doesn't really walk.

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Twingo doesnt look bad, but considering a 5gtt is similr output i think id rather have a 5 for the fun factor. Wonder if there are any plans to go down the turbo route a'la vxr/cooper s/207gti?

Not a 320d
fun car just needs a more grownup interior would love to try one :D

Yeah i agree. Its lacking inside bit style. Some good seats, maybe treadlines or the recaros used in the 200 (Sorry i dont know what they are called), decent steering wheel from the Clio GT or the 197/200 or even the dynamique, and a better dashboard laout would make it a lot better. I may go and drive one at some point just for the hell of it.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah i agree. Its lacking inside bit style. Some good seats, maybe treadlines or the recaros used in the 200 (Sorry i dont know what they are called), decent steering wheel from the Clio GT or the 197/200 or even the dynamique, and a better dashboard laout would make it a lot better. I may go and drive one at some point just for the hell of it.

IIRC the seats in the 197/200 are called Recaro sportsters.

Black Clio GT
i drove one (with cup pack) before i got the clio gt, i thought it was more fun and faster than the gt, looked just as good as the gt but i wasnt a fan of how the dash was set out and dont think i could have got used to it, also the lack of boot space (the mrs likes to shop with her mates) so i went for the gt....

I drove one around Bedford in August 08. Great cars, an absolute hoot to drive, but if you're coming from a 172/182/197 you will miss the power big style.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
good fun package, but was never going to be 197 pace as that would rob it of sales. Kinda same idea as to why its unlikely a turbo'd clio in RS guise will ever appear, cause it would impact on the megane.